Need advice please (new hair pics, pg 3)

I need advice before i go any further. i have put 4 coats of creasing and blush on and it is just disapearing in places like i never put it on and when i think it will fade it don’t now she looks like she has a rash on her legs and not in a good way. lol. i have also had to do the veins 3 times, and she has 8 coats of flesh i have tried the raw sienna to warm her up but she still looks pale to me. Any advice would be nice.
sorry for the quality of pics. it’s the best i have right now.

rash blended better

i think she still needs more blush

What are you using to apply the paint to the legs???

i use a sponge that i have picked holes in and a cosmetic sponge to do the blushing. i used the same one on the head but i guess by the time i get to the legs it has too much paint on it??

Yes, you should switch them out. I tend to start with the limbs first.

Thank you. I removed most of the rash looking mess up and am working on more layers of creasing. The nails on this kit are awlful. Both hand and feet are jagged and look they have been bitten off. Lol or have holes near the Qutical I’ve not gotten a second kit that I have actually found the defect on until now. And these ones are obvious.

from the picture you posted, she doesn’t look pale. and the creases look really good. Of course with more light, alot of that may disappear. it is hard to see it the way you see it in person i have that problem alot though too. some of the paint disappears and then when i get to the feet, all of a sudden, they are bright red! i will have to start using a seperate sponge as well. What kit is that? It’s really cute!!! Looking great so far!!! Can’t wait to see it finished! I love your babies!

She is the moby head and honey legs, I don’t remember what arms I ordered. But I didnt like the moby hands. and you are right she does look so much different in person. But I’m not liking how pale her feet and the creases are looking. I tend to go to light and dont realize it until they are put together and I don’t want to do this with her. thank you for the feed back, I’m ok with people picking her apart. At least if they do it now I can try to fix my mistakes.
And thanks for the complements on my other babies.

She looks good from what i can tell its the same for me my pictures never show what i see but if you want to warm her up more maybe more blushing on the high spots like cheeks knees elbows and so on i have the opposition problem i tend to be to red and i think i finnaly got it right with the baby I’m working on now but i did it completely different i did flesh then a wash than flesh and so on it turned out good so far

— Begin quote from “fallnangelmama”

She looks good from what i can tell its the same for me my pictures never show what i see but if you want to warm her up more maybe more blushing on the high spots like cheeks knees elbows and so on i have the opposition problem i tend to be to red and i think i finnaly got it right with the baby I’m working on now but i did it completely different i did flesh then a wash than flesh and so on it turned out good so far

— End quote

I will try that thank you,

If you still think she looks pale, try warming her up with this wash. It’s 1/2 TBS of odorless thinner or mineral spirits, 1 brush (1/4 inch mop brush) of yellow ochre, a touch of red, and a touch of burnt umber.

— Begin quote from “maggiebridget09”

If you still think she looks pale, try warming her up with this wash. It’s 1/2 TBS of odorless thinner or mineral spirits, 1 brush (1/4 inch mop brush) of yellow ochre, a touch of red, and a touch of burnt umber.

— End quote

thank you for the tip, just my luck lol i dont have the yellow or the burnt umber yet. i have just started collecting all the colors and have not ordered those yet. crap
i did do a tad more blushing and another raw sienna and flesh 6 wash, her skin tone is a a little darker and it looks better. i dont know it thats right but it worked.
i will post anothe pic when she cools off.

oh, yes, i should have said that. I just started doing a yellow wash on mine. What a difference it makes. I tried doing light blush washes, but it just made them too pink. The yellow gives them a nice glow!!! Warms up the reds and makes them more peachy It was a fun discovery!! LOL! I got my paint set from Hunny Buns. They have a more or less sample set of a ton of colors. it includes a few flesh, the thick medium, matte, red, yellow, magenta, and a bunch of other fun stuff. it is just a little bit of each, but as you know, a little goes a long way!! it has helped me to experiment ALOT! i know it was less than $20 too! and while i was there, i picked up a bubble blower and solution

— Begin quote from “becky61779”

oh, yes, i should have said that. I just started doing a yellow wash on mine. What a difference it makes. I tried doing light blush washes, but it just made them too pink. The yellow gives them a nice glow!!! Warms up the reds and makes them more peachy It was a fun discovery!! LOL! I got my paint set from Hunny Buns. They have a more or less sample set of a ton of colors. it includes a few flesh, the thick medium, matte, red, yellow, magenta, and a bunch of other fun stuff. it is just a little bit of each, but as you know, a little goes a long way!! it has helped me to experiment ALOT! i know it was less than $20 too! and while i was there, i picked up a bubble blower and solution

— End quote

Thanks i will check that out. i so want a bubble maker.

super cheap and it works REALLY well!!!

and yes, she does look a bit pale in the new pics. Not weird pale though. Some babies are really that fair!!

seems like all mine turn out more on the fair side. lol im going to give her more blushing and do a little more to the eyelids and then see if im happy with her.

your little Anna is the perfect pale!!! blushing will help alot

I will sometimes use BB’s warm blush as a wash to liven things up a bit. You have to be sure to really make it thin, as the vinyl will grab the color in places. Are you using BB’s paint for creases? If so, you might add a touch more paint to your mix. I can see the creases are painted, so I am not sure how much more you really want. I think she looks like she has a peachy complexion. I use red for my blushing. When it seems to fade out, I add a touch more paint. I put just a little where I want it and then use a wedge sponge to pounce it out.

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

I will sometimes use BB’s warm blush as a wash to liven things up a bit. You have to be sure to really make it thin, as the vinyl will grab the color in places. Are you using BB’s paint for creases? If so, you might add a touch more paint to your mix. I can see the creases are painted, so I am not sure how much more you really want. I think she looks like she has a peachy complexion. I use red for my blushing. When it seems to fade out, I add a touch more paint. I put just a little where I want it and then use a wedge sponge to pounce it out.

— End quote

Thank you. I use BB crease paint, I just wanted to go over a few that had faded. And I never thought about using the warm blush as a wash. Dang I learn something new everyday thank you. I think Im going to look at her for a while cause if I don’t stop putting paint on I will have to strip her and I don’t want that.

— Begin quote from “becky61779”

your little Anna is the perfect pale!!! blushing will help alot

— End quote

Thanks