**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

She joined the forum June 5th. Last post 3 days ago, last on 1 day ago.

2 Likes

She was really new… maybe there needs to be a long wait time for newbies. Well, looks like she has a bunch of stuff to keep her busy for awhile. This just totally sucks. One bad :apple:.

3 Likes

This dissapoints me so much, we trust people here :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Yes, but I guess trust needs time and to be earned in cases like this. There is little recourse, it’s not like we can file a PayPal claim. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Nope. But we should be able to track her down. The po po’s showing up at the door should get her attention. :grimacing:

6 Likes

Yes, that should do it!!! I hope!

2 Likes

Oh wow, so sorry to read this. I have never participated in one of these, but I enjoy looking at what others select. Does this person have a Facebook account?

1 Like

Only ones with her last name are Ashley and who ever sent the box to her

2 Likes

I hope that who she truly is can be identified as with countrycradles/agiftfromabove/sophiasdolls. Maybe that will make her do the right thing, since it seems she has been on here in the last 24 hours and yet said nothing.

4 Likes

What state does she live in.

Just wondering if she made any comments the first time this happened with the box and what she said about it? I was going to participate in the Canadian one when it was started up, but this happening twice with this box is really giving me second thoughts. It sounds really fun while everything is working out, but then it’s a really sinking feeling when this happens.

3 Likes

I just skimmed through all 241 comments on that post and… NOT one word from Brittany on that post…

1 Like

Ohio NILES, OH 44446

1 Like

Hey guys. I’m just checking in. I’m at work today, trying to digest all of this that has happened with the box.

I am so disappointed. I’ve been quiet for the last few days because I just don’t have any words to express my thoughts and feelings.

To address some of the suggestions (which I do appreciate): As horrible as it is to just keep the box, I doubt it’s illegal. We are all acting in good faith sending it along from one person to the next, but reporting “theft” to the police won’t help anything, because technically it isn’t theft, even though it sure feels like it. She didn’t break in anywhere and steal something, we sent it to her, with the understanding that she would send it along to the next person. There is no legally binding contract to support that. So unfortunately no law has been broken.

I will make this right and make sure that the last two people get to participate. Please message me privately if you would like to donate items to help me make this happen.

After those two people have gotten to participate, I am done with the newbie box. Any newbies who participated are welcome to join the regular TP box as they have proven themselves already. I just can’t get past the fact that out of 10 newbies, 2 have stolen the box. It’s not fair for those who donated the original items, to those who donated replacement items, and it sure isn’t fair to me having to pay to ship three times in one round. I’m just done. I’m sorry guys. I tired and it didn’t work. Moving forward, there will be one box and the length of membership requirement will apply.

I could charge a Paypal deposit, and then refund it once the box ships, but that is more work, more money for all involved, and I just don’t want too. I’m not up for it. Sorry guys.

7 Likes

Also, it has been brought to my attention that there are several private messages going back and forth with additional information about @britt40478 I ask that you please post your findings here, so that everyone knows all of the facts. This could prevent someone else from getting taken advantage of in the future.

Thank you.

5 Likes

@britt40478 may not even realize how tight this community is. There are numerous Facebook groups that keep track of scammers. Also… your vinyl doll you’ve shared a billion times on here is not a silicone doll. You cannot get away with scamming that poor lady into thinking is silicone. :rage:

3 Likes

It is so sad and really almost unbelievable that this has happened again. I can’t believe that out if ten people, or actually eight so far that 2 have been so dishonest. I thought this was one of the most awesome activities to be a part of and it all just fell apart. I definitely hope to be a part of the regular box when it makes another round. That was so nice of you to give us newbies a chance not only once but twice. If I can help out in any way I would like to contribute to help reimburse you for all you have invested in this box. There are still nice honest people out there and you are definitely one on them. Thank you for everything you have done.

5 Likes

You are very welcome. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I haven’t been on this website. I will be shipping the box on Monday and will get tracking number up soon.

4 Likes

I’m not stealing the box, I was trying to get some money together to fix it. I forgot to post, so I’m very sorry about the wait. Can you send me the address for the next person again? I can’t find it.

2 Likes