**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

you seem to have the worst of luck with this box @Theara
and I agree @hyelah1990 it seems very suspicious
i’ve been following the thread from the start

3 Likes

It is suspicious. I just realized if she’s from Ohio how the heck did the hurricane mess with her electricity? I just realized she said tornado but there’s nothing online about them and the last reported Turnball county outage was Sept 4th. I’m sorry for reading it wrong, but the rest is what I mean.

3 Likes

You can. We got an infestation years ago after my then husband returned from an international trip.

They are hard to find, but if you can find them, you can see them. It took more cleaning, steam cleaning, and a professional company several visits to get rid of them. I had to basically rip my whole house apart, tear apart furniture, then spend a small fortune to take care of this. I have been pretty paranoid ever since and take a ton of precaution when traveling now, including taking luggage straight to the basement and washing everything in there before putting it away. I have also been known at times to strip right at the door, dropping my clothes right in the washer. I do not mess around! :grin:

This box. I just have no words. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

6 Likes

Ugh! I can not even imagine. We don’t live where bedbugs are common so I have never seen any but heard they live under mattresses mostly so if you check between your mattresses and you have them you will know due to the discoloration from squished bugs and fecal matter. F-ing nasty
You can pick them up from hotels and other people houses just by having your bag/purse on the floor.

5 Likes

Yeah they’re visible just very little. They’re all over the place here so I’m cautious about picking one up. I can’t afford to do all that.

4 Likes

People see them on the subway, at the stores, everywhere. It’s so common I take cabs and stay home lol.

4 Likes

I have seen that in photos. The nasty evidence from them being there, but we never found that here. In fact, the professionals found absolutely nothing! We were getting eaten alive at night and I knew it had to be them. The bites are super itchy and usually go in a row of 3. But anyway, they were hesitant to treat because they saw nothing and the treatment is really expensive. I told them they were going to treat it regardless. Lol Well, sure enough several weeks in, I saw one. Nasty!

I came out of this situation traumatized, let me tell you. There were nights I couldn’t sleep because every hair or sheet that touched me, I thought was a bug.

You are right about setting your purse down. You can also get them in movie theaters and in dressing rooms, so guess what I don’t do much of? :grin:

5 Likes

Omg!! That sounds horrible!! :confounded:

3 Likes

I keep itching and everything that touches me scares me lol. It just happened and I’m already scratching from thinking about it. I would say noseeums but those are very tiny.

3 Likes

F-ing nasty is right!! Your giving me the heebie jeebies over here!!! :confounded::mask::scream: lol

2 Likes

I have them all over me haha. I get goosebumps and rashes thinking about bugs and anything nasty.

1 Like

I’m itching for you girl!! Can’t even imagine… :persevere:

1 Like

I would have had two strokes and a panic attack. Seriously. And opening that mess on my daughter’s bed, I would have been breathing fire. I do not blame you one bit.

I had my share of fun with the box last time, but I really think I’m done. Con artists and irresponsible people who have no business participating in stuff like this don’t scare me, but bugs do. As cautious as I am with everything else, I’m surprised that I have not even considered this.

8 Likes

I know right!!! It would have never crossed my mind. Granted there were no bugs in the box when I got it, but I did just happen to sit out on my porch to dig through and pack it back up.

5 Likes

It is on the news all the time infestations in hospitals, hotels and even found between the pages in books at the library .
They are on the rise in the United States and other places as well because they are so hard to get rid of just as roaches and fleas they are everywhere no matter how clean you are .

5 Likes

Bugs never crossed my mind with one of these boxes either. :slightly_frowning_face: I have been in it twice years ago. I have to admit, I’m scared to death to get the box now. I’m not in the newbie box but the other one. I will be opening it up in the garage as a precaution. Im sad that this box has had so many issues. I never saw this problem coming.

7 Likes

If you have or have had pets fleas can crop up and even if you do not have pets you can get fleas in your home from walking through grass in a yard or park squirrels have and carry fleas as do wild rabbits .

2 Likes

I would just really like to know for sure exactly what it is… :thinking:

Well, many of them are sealed inside the baggies Brittany packed. So when Ashley gets the box, she can identify the bugs. Surely they will all be dead by the time the box gets to her. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hopefully, but it’s already been like 3 and a half WEEKS since @britt40478 got the box!!! How long have they been just “surviving” in there!!! :scream: It’s got to be something that can live without a host for a while…

5 Likes