**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

I forgot in my rush. :sweat_smile: I was rushing to get there and the kids were bugging out. I can take one when I get home if that’s ok?

1 Like

Well, I was kind of joking with you… But if you don’t mind I would love to see lol. It is part of the game :grinning: and HEY! you weren’t supposed to tell what you put in!!! :astonished: hahaha!! :laughing: Just trying to be positive in a crappy situation. I’m sorry too, that it didn’t work out for you. That is a lot to ship and not even get to fully enjoy the :package:. Glad you at least got one lil goodie out. Just scrub him up real good, can’t wait to see him when you finish!! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks! Here’s my pic so we can put the kibosh on this round of the box. I know it sucks but at least I got Liam. I also got some wedges which I forgot about or I would have mentioned. I was running low on wedges and took a risk. Really hoping they’re better than the ones I was using. Here’s Liam fresh out of the bath next to the wedges. I forgot about not saying what I put in!

5 Likes

That’s water on the wedges bag. Yes I washed them too!

3 Likes

How cute!! I didn’t even think I liked Liam until @Ledbetterlittles got him out of the box. Now he’s definitely on my list :grin: hehe. And maybe @ashleyfox98 will let you slide on telling what you put back in… just this one time… since you were the last in line. Lol

3 Likes

Lol please @ashleyfox98 hahaha? Liam is versatile. He or she can look extremely different based on shading and complexion.

2 Likes

You get a pass, considering all that you went through!

5 Likes

Thank you! I get to keep the wedges lol! We need humor after everything we’ve been through.

4 Likes

And to think, in a few days the box will be back to @ashleyfox98 and we can finish up the final chapter of this novel, “The twists and turns of the newby box”. It’s been a good read, never failed to entertain. But I’m ready to close this book and move on to some light hearted comedy. :grimacing:

11 Likes

Me too! Poor Ashley. I don’t envy her having to open those bags.

5 Likes

I’m glad my items were selected.

3 Likes

Was Liam and the wedges yours?

1 Like

Yes and I don’t have bugs so I’m glad that was safe. The kit is very pretty. Those wedges I split the bag in half. They expand once you start using them they aren’t the hard ones.

3 Likes

I had Liam on my list. I’m happy you put him inside the box! He’s going to be a light skinned biracial or AA baby. He will be a she with fair skin and coral pink blushing with brownish red creasing and color around her ears and knuckles. Like how babies darken after a week or two. There’s a pretty little girl modeling clothes on a baby boutique site with rust colored hair. I think Liam needs red hair. My youngest had red hair so I’m partial hehe.

I’m having a hard time with the wedges. They pick up everything in the air. What helps? I’m doing air dry.

1 Like

I use heat set. They are more spongy than I like. Haven’t had them pick up anything extra. So far I’ve only used them for two babies and no problems other than the throng a little too soft but then I just the harder one to take extra paint off so I use two different sponges. Hope this makes sense

2 Likes

Can you share photos of the girl your modeling after? I’m working on an AA with pink tones but will need to do creasing in a reddish color

1 Like

The air dry paint picks up everything. You can hermetically seal yourself in and it will pick up lint. It’s a magnet for lint lol. I’m switching to genesis soon. I can’t with this lint but I love not having to bake and I worry about the fumes.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m also looking at a video on YouTube from all4reborns. It’s so addictive to watch. She paints a baby the way I’m trying to.

https://youtu.be/rToT2gO9dj0

She speed painted an Ira the elf. He looks amazing. Some purists won’t like this video, but she does a good job. Also I want her sponge!

https://youtu.be/ryGDPfgJqJA