Newest sculpt. I'm actually proud of this one

Thank you. I’m hoping to get better with every baby if you would have saw my first one this is a huge Improvement. LOL. It’s always fun to do something challenging though

2 Likes

Good job, can’t wait to see more !!

1 Like

Wow, @Rachyface your sculpt looks almost identicle to the picture! Good job! I was feeling the same way @Peachtree was about the chin until I saw your picture. That baby has a very pronounced chin!

Awesome work! I wish I had this much talent.

1 Like

You did a great job. Sculpting is hard.

1 Like

Thank you that actually means a lot I I’m trying to get where I can duplicate some of these pictures that I have so the fact that you said that makes me feel really good. I had to change some things though because it’s my cousin’s baby and I didn’t want to duplicate him exactly without asking her permission. I just mainly used him as a reference but once I get it down where I can duplicate things then I am going to do my own children. The first two babies I did I was lucky they even look human. Lol

2 Likes

He’s really cute! I have the same plans for my little sculpted babies but I haven’t been able to create anything human looking in months. The last decent head I made still doesn’t have a body because it’s too hard :rofl:

Keep up with it you’ll get it. They have some really good tutorials on YouTube and there is a Facebook group that I’m on that is very helpful. I think it’s just called making silicone babies or something like that. I want to do mine and silicone but I am absolutely terrified I’m going to screw it up. Hopefully I will get my nerve up to buy everything here soon

1 Like

That’s really amazing!

1 Like

Thank you

I’m still working on it lol You’re braver than I am, I haven’t posted my little dude anywhere public. Only a few friends have seen him. I’ve watched tutorials but they don’t really help, I need to actually do it to learn. I’m still practicing, just been too busy lately to do much of anything with it.

I posted mine because I figured if I post it and no one likes it then there’s no point in spending the money to try to put it into a silicone kit. The stuff is not cheap and that’s kind of why I haven’t jumped in yet. I’m terrified. I was the same way when I first started reborning and I keep reminding myself of that that eventually it all evens out and it will be fine. I’m a worry wart. And if I’m not worrying then I’m worrying why I’m not worrying. LOL

1 Like

You did awesome! Your baby’s look is very expressive and his hand looks great!
I am not a sculptor, but I can imagine that is completely different level of difficulty from painting. My only criticism would be in a form of suggestion to try a smiling baby next. It seems that customers attracted to smiling babies much more - look how popular Sunny and April by J. K. for that reason.
Can’t wait to see your next one!

1 Like

LOL

1 Like

I was just thinking to myself that the next time I am going to try either a smiling baby or one but its tongue out or something.

1 Like

I totally get that! Mine are nowhere near being ready to be made into anything so I’m hesitant to post him. I already know what’s wrong and needs to be fixed and I always am hesitant to even post pics of my reborns here even though I’ve been here forever. For that reason I probably won’t even start making them into silicones, because I hate posting my work lol

You have a wonderful talent! I myself am in awe of anyone who can sculpt. I used to do silly little sculpey clay figurines and those were hard for me. I cant imagine how difficult it would be to sculpt a human !

2 Likes

I’m more than likely you’re being too hard on yourself. You know the thing about it is if you post pictures if there is something that needs help then these people are all wonderful and they can help you to get where you can be confident. Just a suggestion. Although I’m going to go with my first thought that maybe you were just being too hard on yourself

It’s a little more complicated than that, but it’s kinda both I guess. There are some reasons I don’t like posting my work but it’s not something I want to get into, really. I do it sometimes though but not always. I’ll post my little clay guy once I get his body done. I need more clay though so it will be a bit. If you really wanna see him you can pm me lol

That is so extremely cool! I have no idea how people sculpt! You are a natural. He looks like a real baby, so I’d say it’s a win. I can’t wait to see what you do next!

1 Like