Old Kit Paint Party!

Oh ok can I join with Tibby or Heather?

1 Like

Here’s my Jewel WIP. Not much done yet. Lips,nails,veins/undertones, and 4 mottle layers. Needs eyes and body but can’t get them til I sell another doll.

@katieperry Both of those definitely count

11 Likes

Nice color! You are doing great!

1 Like

Thanks- I feel like I’m painting with my eyes closed! I think she needs more darker tones. It’s hard for me to get the layers blended.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see her finished! Is she a preemie, also?

Big Heather is getting a bath!

14 Likes

@Shara LOL, ‘Big’ Heather! This is so true, after I started to paint 23" Easton, everyone else looks so small. I’ve got BB Lexi yesterday and couldn’t believe how small she is comparing to Easton :laughing:
But I really enjoying painting this chunky baby.

2 Likes

@PaperCityDolls see everyone agrees she looks fine, please don’t mess her up, lol!

1 Like

@YelenaRey yes! Afyer painting little Ashley, Heather seems huge! But I like the bigger babies myself, more space to paint on and enhance!

1 Like

Few washes and some mottling. At one point he was looking like a little grey man and I was tempted to keep going in that direction and make an alien hybrid. Ah well, maybe next time.

8 Likes

@ZeldaDawn That would be fun!

1 Like

I think he’s got the perfect head for it :joy:

1 Like

Since we are talking about and working on older kits, is anyone else with me and like their fingers and toes better than the new ones? They are spread, nailbeds more defined and the seperate digits look more real to me than the ones all together…

6 Likes

@Shara :grinning: You just confirmed that I was stating for several days now - I love Easton’s hands and feet!! For an old, not realborn kit she is amazing! I also remember how much I loved Paisley’s ‘froggy’ limbs.

Here my Easton WIP - she is still in mottling stages, but you can see how detailed her hands, even fingers are, and her feet.
I bough her from a forum member, so I don’t know if she was the seconds, but toes on one foot has microscopic dots/indentations which became red after red wash. Still, it will be so hard to let her go…
I guess I love larger babies :wink: (like me! :wink:)

Look at those palms and fingers!

All those creases on her feet are amazing too!

16 Likes

Wow @YelenaRey!!! I knew she was on my to do list - but those hands and feet just bumped her up for me! They are amazing. You’re doing a fantastic job on her…I do love the bigger babies they’re my favorite!

1 Like

Thank you! I took a week off for ITDS, but didn’t sign-up for any classes, so I am using this 3 days as my painting days! Unfortunately I was planning to do hair on Priscilla, but I just cannot put Easton away. And Mermaid -Morgan is tagging alone :grinning:

Here is Morgan (also in mottling stage) comparing to Easton :rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

I love the Easton size!!!

1 Like

Wow you are cruising, you are way ahead of me lol. I too am loving those wonderful hands and feet! And the fat ripples on the legs❤️

2 Likes

I haven’t even washed my kit. All I’ve done is take it out of the bin and set it (still in bag) by my paint table. Now I’m feeling like a slacker. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@PutABonnetOnIt @Katinafleming I am sure that you will be waaaay ahead of me after I return from ITDS :wink:

2 Likes