Pacifier for Eloisa?

Exactly why I had so much confidence that she could take a full paci. :roll_eyes:

I think I’ll go back to not preordering kits. I’ll see what they look like once they’re released and go from there.

I was hoping you could mold a magnet inside of polymer clay for a nipple but did some research before posting. Apparently it may or may not work since
A) some magnets don’t stay magnetic after heating to the high temps
B) the thickness of the polymer might keep the magnet from being strong enough
C) the magnet pops out of the clay and attaches to the metal baking pan
D) the magnet doesn’t stay in place because of changes in the clay shrinking slightly when baked
Sounded like the best solution was to mold the item, press a magnet to where you want it for an impression, remove the magnet and bake. If you used a translucent clay with maybe a touch of color for the nipple, you wouldn’t see the magnet in the mouth anyway but it would make it more secure.

I don’t know if it would work for Eloisa but I did something like this for Liam Brown but I didn’t use a magnet at all. I molded the clay to fit the mouth, baked it, glued it to the pacifier and then covered the clay in fabric. It stayed in her mouth really well. I wish I took a pic but this is the best that I have.

4 Likes