Pearl

here is one of my pearls, what do you think

Very cute… I had a stuffed toy that was a chimpanzy when I was a little girl… His name was “Zippy” and I think he was originally made as a toy because of someone on TV (Dave Garoway?) that had a pet chimp on his show… I loved that monkey so much and dressed him and took him with me like he was a baby… Your creation reminded me of him… You should have finished her last month and put her in the pageant…

VERY CUTE!! Pia I met a monkey when I was 12 it was a chimp named Zippy he skated and did all kinds of things onstage I have always wanted a monkey,after the show they let us line up and he could walk by and shake our hand after they gave us warnings about how strong they are and only shake their hand as hard as you want them to shake it back,so I was a little nervous but still super excited when Zippy got to me he stared for a minute I reached out my hand and he grabbed it pulled me up to my feet gave me a big hug and set me back down!! I was the only person he did that too! It was amazing!! Needless to say I do have a real marmoset monkey as a part of my family today and LOVE her!!
Sorry I took over your thread with that story I just love monkeys!! I am going to reborn my first next month for my nephew’s birthday present!!
You did GREAT!!

— Begin quote from “danielle32320”

VERY CUTE!! Pia I met a monkey when I was 12 it was a chimp named Zippy he skated and did all kinds of things onstage I have always wanted a monkey,after the show they let us line up and he could walk by and shake our hand after they gave us warnings about how strong they are and only shake their hand as hard as you want them to shake it back,so I was a little nervous but still super excited when Zippy got to me he stared for a minute I reached out my hand and he grabbed it pulled me up to my feet gave me a big hug and set me back down!! I was the only person he did that too! It was amazing!! Needless to say I do have a real marmoset monkey as a part of my family today and LOVE her!!
Sorry I took over your thread with that story I just love monkeys!! I am going to reborn my first next month for my nephew’s birthday present!!
You did GREAT!!

— End quote

I wonder if it was the same “Zippy” that inspired my chimp toy?? I am 66 now and I was probably 8 years old when I got him??

I am 37 and I was around 12! I was wondering the same thing he came to a mini mall in Tallahassee and performed! Chimps live 45+years!

Awwww too cute. I love your Pearl.

— Begin quote from “pia”

Very cute… I had a stuffed toy that was a chimpanzy when I was a little girl… His name was “Zippy” and I think he was originally made as a toy because of someone on TV (Dave Garoway?) that had a pet chimp on his show… I loved that monkey so much and dressed him and took him with me like he was a baby… Your creation reminded me of him… You should have finished her last month and put her in the pageant…

— End quote

i had Zippy and Tippy. had to have them both. lol
I think your chimp is so cute, I’m going to have to do one now.

What a little cutie

I thank you so much . and I just love your story about your incounter with the monkey. I myself hand a pet monkey when i was 12 year old , A lot of work they are to take care off .
She is a little wet it was a very hot day. what can I say

So cute! I love the piggy tails.