Peeling paint

When I did air dry, it always took a bit longer to cure when it was humid here. And I hated Glass and Tile Medium. Couldn’t get it to go on well, even though I followed instructions.

1 Like

Sorry, yeah, thats what I meant…that you mixed the water with the gel gloss and the pearl paint (if you used it).
Not really sure what happened then, very strange!

I don’t think there is anything wrong with Liquitex, I used it when I first started but I like Golden better, there is less wasted because its a fluid paint and much easier to mix its very strong and difficult to remove. If you are going to make a change I wouldn’t go from acrylics to oils…that would be a difficult change and would be like starting all over.

1 Like

My vents are in the ceiling in my craft room and then with two cats and now two dogs in the house, the struggle is real :confused:

1 Like

She’s just a Tennessee Ditch Dog. She was trying to cross I-40 East and another dog that was with her had already been hit. I got off at the next exit, went up a few miles and turned around. When I got back to her she was sitting on the side of the interstate beside the dead dog like she was waiting on me. I was afraid she would run from me into traffic but she came right to me. I think someone dumped her and momma dog off on the parkway :frowning:

2 Likes

You’ve sold me on your method and I bought some Golden last night!

2 Likes

I read back through everything I could find on the forum and I think it might be a combination of the liquitex matte medium and just too many paint layers in general on the doll. I had to color correct her a lot because she initially got way too yellow. It took many layers before I was satisfied with the coloring. And then I probably sealed it before all that paint fully cured.

I ordered the Golden paints and some satin glazing medium and I’m going to try that method on the next couple of dolls. I’ll keep you all posted!

4 Likes

Send me a PM if you need any help :wink:

1 Like

Definitely will. Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t have pets anymore so that probably helps. I wonder if you could thumbtack a piece of nylon stocking over the vent so air could get through but not dust and pet hair. You’d probably have to change it once in awhile so it wouldn’t block the air flow.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea!

Oh, girl… I feel for you. That has to be bad. Where do you live? I live in Louisiana (did I mention that already? I can’t remember things these days) and we do have some real humidity in the summer.

1 Like

People can be so cruel to animals. More merciful to take them to a shelter. They may be put down, but it would be a more merciful death than getting injured and killed by speeding autos. I am glad you got it. It probably cries so much for it’s mom, too. I don’t know how old it is. That may or may not come into play. You probably know more about dogs than I can suggest, but some folks swear by a ticking clock, maybe wrapped in a warm blanket. Other wise, I would just have to put her as far from my sleeping place as possible in the kennel. It will be very good for her to be trained to a kennel, anyway. And, some dogs find comfort once they get used to it, just going in there for their own quiet time. Hope everything works out. I know how it can be. I have had puppies. :slight_smile: I do think it will calm down once it realizes it is in there and can’t get out unless someone takes it out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The clock is actually a really good idea, that work well. Also a piece of clothing with your odor on it.

Poor dogs, that’s terrible, very cruel and inhuman to get rid of them like that

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see how you do with the Golden! @ZeldaDawn

1 Like

Filling a sock with rice and heating it up then putting it under the covers works nicely for warming a puppy too.

2 Likes

I don’t know why some people think pets are disposable. It’s a lifetime commitment!

1 Like

We’ve got a clock and have been taking turns sleeping on the couch so she’s close to someone at night. I’d much rather listen to her cry for a few nights than have her snoring and farting in my bed for the next fifteen + years :joy: Just gotta make it through this puppy stage!

Bonus puppy pic. Her name is Jolene since I was on my way home from Pigeon Forge, TN!

8 Likes

She is adorable !

1 Like

Thanks! I love her ears :slight_smile: