Picture of last doll you worked on

My last baby. My buyer flaked, so she is now listed on reborns. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

She looks so real, that lady really missed out on a gorgeous baby, her loss!

2 Likes

Their loss!

2 Likes

Trying.to squeeze one more baby in for xmas sales. Put her up tonite…

Laila

9 Likes

Thanks, but more like my stupidity.

This lady was distressed because I had no dolls for sale because she desperately needed one. So after a bunch of back and forth, I decided to paint a kit that she chose, putting in long days to get her done quickly so I could ship her off, even giving her a heads up the other day that I was almost done. Sent her WIP photos towards the end… Well today she’s done and all of a sudden she has some financial emergency where she can’t buy. Alrighty then.

When will I ever learn? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

My hat goes off to you. I will never do customs for that reason. I hate pressure and what if it doesn’t paint well. All of your work is amazing though.

1 Like

I guess people have financial emergencys Ive had that too…but mostly i think buyers regret. Heat.of the moment stuff.Decide not to spend so much etc

Lately had a lady buy one for her grand daughter So excited when it arrived then she wanted a Darren doll i was working on too.
Also she loved the dolll i sold her so much wanted to keep it i should do another like her for grand daughter.I had anothr kit i was starting anyway so no big deal .
When they were done I email her .No response
Was iffy anyway… as no money down just a lot of wishful thinking on her part.
Ive learned always have to not count your chickens…and most of all…SHOW ME THE MONEY! before you trust a potential buyer no mater what they say
They cool off
Oh well Darren sold fast hes so so cute like to do him again and a return customer wanted the other an Avery so nothing lost

2 Likes

This is the first doll I have made. Hopefully not the last.

15 Likes

Not too bad! little more blush on cheeks if my phone is giving me an accurate picture
First doll everyones afraid to over do the color Just have to get use to how much to use
My first few looked dolly… .I honestly
had to tell myself" rough it up mottle it well !" and darn if it didnt look better!
Keep it up.
BTW Ear looks very good
Each doll will be better.
Always keep your first baby… in a year or 2 youll see your progress by comparing
Enjoy reborning!

1 Like

14 Likes

What kit is she she’s gorgeous

@Bethandbees Thank you. This is April Kazmierczak.

1 Like

Thank you! I was terrified of over blushing. Would it hurt to add more paint to his cheeks? He has been varnished. I just want to double-check before proceeding.

finished brittany now on to rooting aria

10 Likes

She is beautiful!

1 Like

21 Likes

Taken under harsh lighting. I prefer natural light, but there is none here. It is raining and getting dark at like 4pm.

Edited to add that she is now sold. :smile:

18 Likes

Love her!

1 Like

Looks really good

Quinn!

@Renauta427 see your kitty? :heart:

23 Likes