Sale are down

Thanks! You have been a great teacher and friend. I’m always trying to get better. Haven’t been able to finish a baby yet because I’m too critical of myself.

1 Like

We are all hard on ourselves but keep going-----your first baby won’t be perfect and you shouldn’t expect that. Do your best and always keep your first baby so you can make comparisons along your journey. You’ll be so surprised at how quickly you get better. By the time you have made several babies you’ll look back at baby #1 and say "WOW, I can’t believe I did such n’ such!! Enjoy the art!!

edit to add; Make sure to post pictures when your baby is finished, we love to see pictures. Don’t worry about “perfection”, remember, we all started just like you—At the Beginning!!

2 Likes

I expect perfection because I’ve watched so many videos and practiced on my test parts. Then I try a new technique or mottling and it looks awful. I can create good texture and color. I suspect I’ll be great at painting hair because I’ve used similar skills before. Thank you for your kind words and trying to lift my spirits. I’ve done so bad thus far that I’ve thought about leaving the hobby.

2 Likes

Don’t do that, you’ll get there, in order to become good at anything, takes time!!

1 Like

I just invested in some ghsp and I’m debating whether or not to get a new kit when I get my oven. I’m here and I’ll keep trying my best!! I just wish I would stop making unintentional zombies!:rofl:

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. They are marketed budget babies I guess to attract the young girls at reasonable prices. No creasing shading ect. Just some blushing nails and lips done. Probably takes a day.

1 Like

Yep, that’s exactly what I think. I don’t even know how some people are selling these dolls for $100 - 150. It costs me that much just to get the ingredients to build one!!! LOL. Of course, I’m NOT stuffing them with rocks, sand or dirty rags!!

4 Likes

These people come from those who ooooh and ahhh over well done dolls and don’t want to or can’t afford to pay for one.
So they figure they can make them and with the abundance of free tutorials online. Its made to look easy.
That leads them to think. “I made one for myself. Now I can sell them!”
Therefore. Flood gates of cheaper done dolls.

Everyone has to start somewhere. But I made dozens of dolls before I ever thought about selling them.

Take pride in the work you do. Take your time to learn and then absolutely sell them to your hearts content.

My issue is those who don’t or won’t put time effort. Skill. And yes. Money. Into these babies.

3 Likes

You are exactly right!!

3 Likes

So true! Lol. I can’t imagine doing something like that! :scream:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what’s happening, but somebody’s selling on reborns.com . Listed babies have gone from over 1200 to 904 in the last couple of weeks.

5 Likes

Some people, like me, sell other places and then list the dolls as being adopted. I sold three on Facebook in the past two weeks.

3 Likes

Congratulations.

2 Likes

If you are talking about Natali she also lists elsewhere and is doing prototypes occasionally.
I love her work, I am not sure the sales are coming from reborns .com or not
https://www.reborns.com/Tsybina

1 Like

I think she is talking about the number of listed babies…I’ve been watching it too.

2 Likes

Oh! Hahaha! Duh lol

I thought she meant someone was selling babies on reborns for that amount :wink:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I wouldn’t have known either had I not been stalking the numbers on reborns. I have been checking for a few weeks now.

Natali’s babies are amazing.

5 Likes

Thank you but I just meant that not all the babies showing as adopted on Reborns were sold ON the site.

2 Likes

Ewww!

1 Like