So so slow

I really wish I could. I can’t afford anything doll related until I sell a baby though. My husband is coming down really hard on me financially.

Edited to add: looks like little Darren will be getting some better quality hair thanks to the angels of this forum. I feel SO incredibly blessed.

5 Likes

These doll people are so awesome! I’m using Angela’s; it’s beautiful and so much nicer than Ruby Red but I still maintain that rooting is a hugemongous P.I.A. :/:neutral_face:

3 Likes

I’m procrastinating again, probably. If I stay off the forum and keep working diligently, it will eventually get done. Right? Right?!! I kind of want to toss it aside and work on something easier for awhile but I know I’d never pick it up again…What if I forget how to paint? Can that even happen? Lol

11 Likes

Looks really good!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I also have a head that I am taking forever on. You guys are motivating me to work on it at least. It has literally been a month since I started but with everything I have going on I can’t get motivated at all.

3 Likes

Slowly rooting too… big ol’ noggin of BlueBell.
(I am a little farther than this now… but still have the whole top to do.)

4 Likes

Oooohh!!! I see elf ears!

That’s a big ol’ noggin, alright! It’s looking good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! I love faries. I wish bountiful baby had more fairies because over $100 for a kit is painful.

2 Likes

Which kit is it?

Violet fairy, she is so cute but so expensive and it’s for my 10yo so I hated paying that much. I don’t care for the cupcake fairy sculpt that BB has so I paid it.

1 Like

I was finally able to start giving this poor bub his new hair. Unfortunately I was only able to work for about 25 minutes. I’m embarrassingly slow at this.

3 Likes

@TrinityCrystal, Sarah, If it’s ok to give a little tip here----cut your hair into shorter sections before you start rooting, it will give you more hair. As it is right now you are going to have to cut most of this length off when you are finished and it is quite a waste of hair. Just make sure when you cut your hair that you always keep the “ends” going the same direction. I put a paper towel down and write “cut end” at the top and I cut my hair into approx. 2 1/2 inches or so and lay it on the paper towel with the cut end always pointing up towards the top to where it says “cut end” that way you don’t wind up rooting from the wrong end of the hair and getting it all fuzzy!! Hope I didn’t overstep here. Just trying to save you some money on your hair, it will go much further.

7 Likes

Unless you are unlucky like me and they label the wrong end :wink: LOL each noes bunch confuses the heck out of me… and I had to remove a good section that rooted well… but fell out when brush… so I pulled it all until nothing came out and restarted in those areas… :frowning:
This head is taking me forever… lol. Hoping to finish tomorrow or the next day… and of course he has too much hair… ugh. lol (thick)

1 Like

She’s cute! Your daughter is going to love her!

I can’t manage sparse either but, goals! Lol

Thank you Lynn. I usually cut hair in half before rooting, but this time I figured I would try something different. I read here somewhere to use the cut ends at the top and the natural ends (rooted cut side in) at the sides as they’re a bit thinner. I figured it would be easier to do so by leaving it attached until I was ready for it, but it kind of gets in the way being so long. I’ll just cut it and do my best to keep it separate. Lol

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, once again I opened my mouth not knowing what someone really knows!! hahaha. I just didn’t want you to be wasting hair if you didn’t know to cut it first. Sorry for harassing you. You’re doing a good job.

1 Like

I didn’t see it as harassment in the slightest. I would have wanted to know if I were being wasteful. :slight_smile: