The Nerve of People

Lol. His wife or his mom. Either way…she needs to take him off the list. :rofl:

4 Likes

I often seen atheist being attacked, but not often the contrary. It’s sad when people don’t respect each others, in all spheres of life.

2 Likes

Seriously, who posts a photo of themselves like that to a dating site?? Ugh!

I am super picky about a lot of important things in life. People once told me I was too picky about who I was looking for as a mate. I went on a half a dozen dates (one of them a blind date) between the age of 22 and 33, and had no interest in most men who came around. I never had a boyfriend, in high school or any other time before I met my husband. At 33 I had almost given up on finding a decent man. And then I was introduced to my husband by a coworker at a church singles picnic. He was different than any other guy I’d ever met and we had so much in common. We got married 15 months after we met and are going on 16 years of marriage. We are best friends and love each other. We do many things together and enjoy each other’s company. It was worth it to me to wait over those years for him. A year after we were married I developed an autoimmune disorder. He has stuck by me and helps me so much every day. He’s a hard worker and a wonderful provider. He even washes my laundry for me when I’m having a down day with my illness.

11 Likes

Awe. It sounds like you are both blessings to each other :heart:

1 Like

We really are. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our next door neighbors were atheists. When we weren’t being slandered there were other things to deal with. I had never had to deal with ppl like that before so when they seemed friendly and wanting to “get to know us” we soon realized what the years here were going to bring us. They would twist our lives around to the neighborhood and did the same to some others but since we were right next door we were watched. It was awful. After over 5 yrs we moved in the same town but away from the neighbors. Everyone needs boundaries in this life but when God is not in your life most moral boundaries are broken. I’m speaking for myself too. So please don’t drill me. Lol. Since I’ve given my life to my Creator I try my very best to live for Him and with his loving boundaries. It’s been an amazingly good thing for me.

1 Like

This is us. Always getting off track. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now, what was this post supposed to be about? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I am atheist, and can assure you that I have moral boundaries…:blush:
I am sorry you have to deal with those (insert bad words here). Some people are just bad inside, no matter what their religion (or non-religion) is.

5 Likes

I don’t doubt that you do. Like I said I hadn’t met anyone like that in my life. I’m 59. So I figured it was kind of uncommon :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes we sure do lol :joy:

1 Like

I’m sorry you had to deal with such people. That’s terrible.
I’m not religious myself, but I hate to see other people treated like that. I believe we should all respect and not hurt each other.
If you’re religious and it brings you happiness, then I’m happy for you that you found something that brings you such joy.
As long as people are not harming anyone, I’m fine with whatever religion they do or don’t have.

1 Like

Gabriel, you do have a way with words. Have you ever written or published a book?. I believe you are a gifted writer.

2 Likes

I don’t call myself an atheist because I don’t care for radical people. I was raised going to church every Sunday, bible study and even church camp and my grandfather was a preacher but I do not believe in any god, however I am open to many things, even spiritual things. I just have a lot of problems with organised religion just as I have a problems with those who openly appose it. Ive seen too much ugly, in society, and in my own family. I never, ever criticise anyone for their beliefs or think any more or less of them. Its peoples actions and how they treat other people that I look at. I am sometimes envious of people who have beliefs in life after death or a deity who is looking out for them. When I lost my son it was hard to accept he was gone, I wish I could have believed he was somewhere else and happy. I recently also lost my grandson…same thing. I would be very happy if I am wrong, but I can’t believe in something that I don’t, and trust me, Ive tried, my whole life. Im too much of a logical (not that you are not logical, just that science makes sense to me) thinking person…probably due to my Aspergers :wink:

4 Likes

Lil, the God of the Bible, the One that I have a personal relationship with, is not one of organized religion, as that is something created by humans to control people, make money, etc. Many would be surprised that He doesn’t teach organized religion in His word. When Jesus walked the earth He was against organized religion and showed this by standing up harshly to the Jewish pharisees of that day. Despite what men “teach” about the Bible (they manipulate it for their own uses, and trust me, I’ve personally experienced it in my life, too) it is God’s love to letter to the human race about His love and mercy, and what He wants us to know about Him and what He wants to do for us. It’s just that so many human “teachers” have perverted that message or have prevented people over the ages from being able to read it for themselves; have at various times, in a sense, locked people out of it. If you ever want to chat more about any of this, please email me at ab@n8tnt.com. :heart:

5 Likes

men come and go but kids are forever…

4 Likes

Perfectly spoken Angela. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I think faith is a beautiful thing and since most of the people in the world believe in “God” subscribe to a religion and since 2.2 billion people on the planet (31% of humans) you are definitely not alone. There is a part of us that needs to believe in something bigger, something after, and give meaning to this experience. I am no different.

I was raised Catholic by my family of origin but my bio mother church hopped, she looked for God in all kinds of places and took us along for the ride. It was an awesome experience (I didn’t know it at the time) but it was a great education. I have been baptized more times than a person should be but maybe it was good for me, it was always a very loving experience.

What I learned is that every single religion and/or cult we hung out with was the same, exactly the same. When I was seven I told my mom “Does God care about this” and my mom told me a joke that I still remember to this day…

(remember we were raised Catholic)

So this guy dies and he goes to heaven and he is met at the pearly gates by a guy with a big book of names and he is waiting to be allowed in. While he is waiting he notices a big wall and behind it there are all kinds of voices, they sound really happy. So he asks pearly gate Peter “what is going on over there” and points to the wall. Peter says, “Shhhh it is the Catholics they think they are the only ones here!”

I loved that, it made everything make sense to me at seven. In my mind I knew there was a God but that God was not the same as religion.

I also asked a seventh-day-adventist pastor (we belonged to that church a long time and that is when I became a vegetarian and loved it) who wrote the bible and he said “God did” and he said that the bible was the word of God. I said but the Talmud and the Quran, Gita, they are the word of God too? He said no, just the bible. I asked what language it was written in, he told me English. I decided he was an idiot, kept being a vegetarian and stopped being a seventh day adventist.

In baptist Sunday school when I asked too many questions I was told it was not my place to ask questions, asking too much was not faithful, I had to put my trust in God. I took my goldfish home and decided I didn’t want to be a Baptist.

I found God everywhere, in all those churches, in fields, in big cities, in a theater, in my children’s faces when I met them for the first time.

When I was 20 I let go of the remnants of my catholic childhood, I tossed out Dogma, I stopped believing in a physical heaven or hell and biggest of all I stopped believing in sin.

It was scary but I was free from all of it and my life changed a lot.

I love it that people have faith but I don’t love any organization taking vulnerability and turning it into something else. It hurts my heart when I meet someone who has given up their free will and live by rules in a book they have never even read and have no idea where it came from. I have yet to meet one person who has read the Bible…it is written in Aramaic and Hebrew I don’t know anyone personally who reads Aramaic and Hebrew and has read the Bible and I don’t trust translation, I took history classes in college I know how those translations happened.

When my daughter died I felt like the God I believed in abandon me. My soul was quiet.

My brother in law who is a hard core Christian told me that God gave my daughter cancer to teach me an important lesson, to bring me home to Jesus and now he is giving me another chance. The quiet in my soul was Jesus waiting.

I told him to go f@*# himself. (my BIL not Jesus).

I realized on my own that the the quiet was me resting, was me in grace, it was respite. I wasn’t abandon.

I believe in something bigger but it doesn’t have a name, there is no club, and I don’t need someone to teach it to me, it is in me I am made out of it, I belong to it, I am it.

To me that makes sense.

I am sorry you feel that you feel that people don’t understand your deep faith and the comfort it brings to you and I hope I didn’t add to that. I think we all have a story and a history regarding our faith or happiness without it. There is room for all of it.

If there is a heaven and I find myself there I hope to see my daughter first and I hope there are no walls.

5 Likes

I normally avoid these kinds of topics like the plague because it usually does not end well, but in this case I will out myself as a daily Bible reader. I have spent years studying the Bible, it’s history, comparing translations, religious history, and everything related. I live my life based on it.

If anyone is curious about the Bible’s view on anything, most likely I could point you to scriptures in your Bible that could answer your questions. I am not interested in debate, only open to discussing this by private message any time of the day or night anyone would like to. This is absolutely my favorite topic. :heart:

My heart breaks for you and anyone else who has suffered a loss like this, @Gabriell. It hurts just even trying to imagine the pain you suffer. I’m so sorry. :cry:

7 Likes

So sad that the thread that was funny and witty turned in to religiose discussion.
We are here for reborning art, can all agree not to discuss politics and religion here?

1 Like

Your still young lady.