She’s so Beautiful!

Yess Mel up there with da pros :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Crazy girl!!

1 Like

Love how you displayed her!

1 Like

Thank you so much @pia

I bet Melanie will win again this year in some category! WOOOOT WOOOOT!!

The first year I went to ROSE (2016) I wanted to be in the beginner category but since I had been making them over a year (even though I had only done maybe 10) they told me I had to be in Intermediate. I wasn’t ready for that so I didn’t enter anything.

So I entered my Saskia last year and was FLOORED to even win 3rd place in Intermediate. With all the entries and beautiful babies I thought I would pass out lol!

@jlesser Jenni should have won something too because her baby was so pretty!

Here is my Saskia… she now belongs to a 6 year old young lady.

10 Likes

She’s darling! Congrats on your award! :two_hearts:

I watched youtubers at the show and could not believe the people going around touching the art

1 Like

Ann Dee did say that security is supposed to be better this year for the entries

Here is a comparison for you… (of mine last year)
First picture is how I set it up… photo taken by BB staff during contest entry (I did not touch it again after wards

Second pic is what it looked like when everyone was voting… Pacifier was messed with, blanket pulled up, baby turned… etc.

2 Likes

Wow, I would never have imagined anyone having the nerve to stick a pacifier over the mouth like that. Touching is bad enough, but hair messed up and sticking the pacifier on is just…I don’t know but not nice.

1 Like

there was still people touching them this year. Even with 2 security guards around. Somebody put a pacifier on mine twice. They may need to consider roping off around the dolls in the future

3 Likes

My doll was definitely moved too. Her arms were not how I originally posed them. I really wanted to move them back but couldn’t :cry:

1 Like

Mine’s legs were rotated far enough her feet were floating…

That’s awful! :frowning:

1 Like

I know the judges move them but they usually do pretty good at putting them back how they were. I did see numerous young people touching though and I wanted to smack em and tell them to leave the babies alone lol

2 Likes

I do not think the Judges actually touch them until the public has all voted. This year they announced that the voting was ending and people needed to get done and out of that area and the judges were going to start voting.

And just moving them to a different table or location inside the room shouldnt move them much. I doubt judges would put pacifiers on and leave them or rotate the legs unnaturally, etc.

I yelled at some younger girls this year who were running by with their arms out and “brushing” all the contest displays on the back table.

Also saw a lot of people looking at the contest babies on the end table thinking they were for sale… this year had so many contest babies they had to get creative and it confused some… lol

1 Like

I know some of the judges were in the area after people’s choice … but I think they were just looking over some things. I was told they did their official judging the night before. One of the girls was talking about how late they were there judging.

But no I don’t think they’d mess with them and leave them in disarray. I am sure kids put the paci on Indie LoL

They really need to figure out some way to rope the contest tables off to try to keep people back from them some.

1 Like