Traveling Pants Round 3

Lolol I bet!!! :heart:️:grinning::heart:️:grinning:
@ashleyfox98 I would love to learn… I’m a slow learner… I hope the tutorials are easy!!! :grinning: I think it would be a great winter, chilled on the couch watching movies hobby!

3 Likes

Crochet is my anti-anxiety treatment! I will send some links your way in the morning. I have a person in mind, I just have to find the videos. He makes everything easy. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Haul envy lol. I’m also glad someone is onto hair thinning. A lot of women with thick hair thin the strands. I think it works similar with human hair or thick alpaca or mohair.

2 Likes

I saw a woman on the train crocheting the other day. I probably annoyed her with my questions, but I used to knit and crochet before I got sick. Once prices and my back went, that was it. I miss it so much. And I only made baby clothes. I started as a child, at the knee of a family friend. She gave me a book, some yarn and needles and set me free. Kept me sane for years!

2 Likes

I’m never annoyed by questions about my crafts, it’s like asking about my children. It delights me when I find someone who shares my interests. I’m sure that she was happy to answer your questions. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope she was the same. People are odd here. Very rude, overly emotional and dramatic hahaha. I love finding a kindred soul, especially about books or crafts.

2 Likes

Where is “here”?

New York City ma’am. Here is also crazyville lol. You don’t need a TV, just a window and a place to sit.

7 Likes

Oh wow. NYC terrifies me. My husband was born in Suffern, NY and (jokingly) threatens to take me to Times Square and dash off and hide. If you even see an older-ish looking woman huddled on the ground sobbing in Times Square, it finally happened!

7 Likes

I’ve lived here a while and it scares me too. The people are, I can’t explain it. That and the rats, the attitudes, poop and smells. I came here pregnant and spent 7 months trying to keep my food down.

1 Like

I’m in FL (originally from GA) and I had to attend a corporate dinner for work where I was seated across the table from a petite 50’s-ish woman from NYC. She was garrishly dressed like a 20 yr. old going out to a club. With every drink the volume of her voice doubled as she bragged and bragged about her son’s prep schools any ivy league college educations, her huge house, and how inconvenient it was to have to re-learn a new Mercedes every year because her husband owned a very successful dealership. I’m pretty sure that I spent the whole awful evening bug-eyed with my mouth agape. She was like an alien, and not the cute little green kind.

4 Likes

Yes! You met an upper west or eastsider. Wait until you meet one from Brooklyn lol. People brag about everything and are competitive. She was throwing down with you, trying to get you to take the bait and argue with her. That or looking for compliments or unaware and obnoxious.

2 Likes

I’ve said the same thing. I told my sister and she gave me the most beautiful wooden knitting needles I’d ever seen. Where are they? In my drawer :frowning: I really need to do better

2 Likes

Well, I had no idea what to do with all of that! The way I was raised, we try to make our guests feel relaxed and comfortable. But I was super-mean that night. I was totally judging her attire and abhorrent social skills in my head. Bless her heart.

2 Likes

Indeed, bless her heart! I was raised the same way. I hate when people act like that. We’re supposed to talk and make chit chat when we first meet. Not become a human pit bull.

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

I also have been crocheting since I was young, 9 yrs old. Crocheting is what got me through my fathers death took me 3 years to get myself through the deep sadness I felt and tons of yarn and crochet projects. I am so very happy everyone love the crochet items I put in the box, I was uneasy about it, wasn’t sure if it was out dated or not. Happy to hear it is not!

3 Likes

Try loom knitting. Look up loomahat on YouTube. It’s much easier than needle knitting. I do it, it’s very relaxing.

4 Likes

Didn’t I tell you not to worry? Your items are beautiful! I knew they would be cherished and appreciated here. :heart:

2 Likes

I knit and crochet and have for several years however crochet is much faster for me I have been thinking the loom knitting might be my next craft to have a go at .

4 Likes