What compelled me to get into Reborns

@lynn I got goosebumps reading your story…I am certain you will see Michael again. :heart:

@micholc I’m so sorry for the loss of your son ~ I long for grandbabies too, but highly doubt I’ve ever have any. One son is 34 and not married and the other is 28 and all he cares about is making money. Hmph. My husband has suggested that I go ahead and just make us some vinyl grandkids. I just MIGHT.

@westernstarr I am so sad that you had to leave your precious grandson; my heart broke reading how he looks at planes saying “Come back, come back” – well, now my tears are starting to flow…

@vicki59840 I am soooo, so sorry for all the pain you’ve gone through but I’m so happy that you found yoru love and fought your way back from the stroke. Joy is your new strength now – I love it!

@clilley So sorry about your house burning down…OMG…my worst fear is FIRE, and you’ve lived it. I’m glad you are able to reborn and that you love it so much. I hope your health improves. You are worth heaven and earth!

@Deb My heart breaks for the loss of your precious son

@Danc1019 Such a tragic thing to happen; I’m so sorry about your baby boy

All these stories and more. We are truly a fascinating and FABULOUS group here! No wonder I love this forum soooooooo much!

I don’t even have a good story about how I got into reborning. I’ve collected dolls all my life & was visiting my Dad the summer of 2002, ran across reborn dolls on Ebay, bought one, got it home, it was horrible…the “artist” was a great photographer, but a lousy reborner, I researched as best I could back then on how to make a reborn, got my supplies and started making them and now here I am, 13 years later, and I’ve made around 600 of these little babies. Yep. I amaze myself. :laughing:

6 Likes

You amaze us too Karen…Always love seeing your little tykes when you post photos…always soooo adorable and beautiful…Beauty comes from within my mother always told me…Apparently there are a lot of ladies on here with some beautiful hearts!

4 Likes

@westernstarr now see, that’s why we love you! Here I am, crying my eyes out, trying to compose myself and you come along and say the sweetest things. I truly love you, and ALL the ladies here…we are a family, for sure. The family we chose for ourselves and that’s the best kind.

5 Likes

So true…we are like a big family…every time we get in her and chatter it is like a girls day out with your sisters…You’r all the best ever!

5 Likes

Well, you’re no longer alone and unwanted because we’re all here and want you! I can’t imagine growing up the way you did. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Simone, I am so glad you’ve found happiness through reborning. We’re so glad you’re here!

3 Likes

Its great that reborning is helping you heal some wounds; so glad you found reborning and US!

2 Likes

Hello Ladies, I am so impressed with your kindness on BB forum. Thank you for your stories. I found myself laughing along with lots of tears. I was introduced to a reborn doll in a nursing home setting.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome how quickly your mom calmed down with the reborn. Amazing!

1 Like

Yes, it was fast. I see reborn dolls as working, a tool, a tremendous job, a necessity and so much more.

3 Likes

Losing all your kids in one accident has got to be one of the worst things in life. Tragic.

1 Like

@Syndi ~ that is such a wonderful story about your Mom! I have donated dolls to nursing homes, too, and was told how much they were loved, even by the men that lived there. Everyone loves to hold a baby, it seems. I had given one to my friend’s mom and she, too, was always calm whenever they’d hand the baby to her. I feel kind of guilty because since we moved to FL I haven’t even tried to find a nursing home. I’m SURE there are plenty of them here, though…after all, this is FLORIDA! :wink: Your story has inspired me.

4 Likes

Thank you for donating to nursing homes. You are the person that my family speaks about so warmly with such respect. My mom’s babies are taken daily and my father loves it. He likes to see where they go.

2 Likes

well great storys mine is not as good.
well i was looking at baby names on the internet and i acsadantly searched baby names in the google images. so a picture came up and i clicked on it(it was soooo cute) it turns out it was a reborn and i have loved them ever since

4 Likes

My story is not special at all. I work for a family business and one of the ladies I work for purchased two for her daughters one year for Christmas. I was so amazed at the beauty of them that I had to have one for myself! I saved my money and had a baby created for me. After I received her I started researching, and then I purchased my test pieces and supplies even some sculpting clay and the pasta roller!!! I was hooked after my first little leg! Now I’m drowning in sculpts, mohair, cloth bodies, extra limbs, solo heads, baby clothes, boxes of diapers, pacifiers, bottles, Vintage Prams, baby blankets, Vintage cradles, and anything else BABY! I could raise a baby with all my items if a baby was dropped off on my doorstep! I’d need to purchase the nutritional items though :cake: Before they go shopping my daughter and her friends always ask what I have on hand for a baby shower they are attending, they always walk away with the best gifts at the shower! Anyway, I love making the babies and would love to start creating one of a kind Teddy Bears! I also need to start sculpting, but time says not quite yet!

3 Likes