What do you do with babies

What do you do with babies that you made prior that may not be your best work? Do you sell them?

1 Like

My first 4 I gave away to family members, then the next 6 I sold but at lower prices to reflect that I was new and they were not perfect. Even now two years later and about 55 dolls I still don’t charge enough for a real profit lol.

6 Likes

Gave them to my daughter, donate to a senior home.

2 Likes

I sold them on Ebay in December for cheap. At least I could recoup some money.

Laurie

1 Like

I kept my first one, but others I’ve sold for a low price.

1 Like

MY first few I sold for like 50 bucks- just enough to give me $$ To make up for the kit and body

1 Like

Sell them cheap as boo-boo babies

1 Like

I gave them away for the first year, then actually sold a few that I had laying around. I think I’m going to spruce them up a bit and sell them cheap because I need the space. People will buy them… I have a set a Sugar/Honey twins. Thinking of charging full price, but listing as buy one get one free. :blush:

1 Like

I have a tendency to hang on to mine until I am out of space and then I let most go probably too cheap. I know the work I put into making one and I am not making what I should but I get a certain amount of joy selling a doll to someone who may not be able to afford a $400 plus baby doll. So it does not bother me selling most dolls at a lower price. Right now, I just want to recoop enough to pay for supplies and preorders.

2 Likes

The way I see it you have about four options.

1. Keep them
  2. Sell them
  3. Donate them
  4. Throw them out
    I wont throw them out so that leaves the other three options and here lately it has been keep and donate fortunately they don’t eat and diapers last a long time .
2 Likes

Me either :wink:

1 Like

I donated mine to foster children who needed the x tra cuddle. one little girl has had hers for 2 years now and has brought her doll everywhere so much I had to repaint and reroot some hair. Best doll I ever made!

3 Likes

What a great idea!

1 Like

I have all my newbie bubsies. I love them. :0)

1 Like

My 1st doll I’ll always keep, but the rest I give away to people who really liked them, even though I think they didn’t look that great. I consider them ‘practice dolls’ and would feel bad about selling them to someone who is paying good money for them. I could sell them as ‘Booboo Babies’ but to me it is not worth the effort. I’d rather just let them go to a home of someone who likes them.

1 Like