Who is this artist?

She has listed all these dolls that have not been even released. There is no info about size or anything.
For instance Gudrun Legler does not have any new kit on her website, yet this person has “Tony by Gudrun Legler” pre-release special.

1 Like

She only uses prototype pictures and the reviews are all people that haven’t received a doll yet… I’d be very wary of this one.

2 Likes

Looks like the artist name is Betty Jane Coffman.

1 Like

Wow! I wish Etsy would keep better track of people like this. They should automatically ban anyone who uses stock photos or pics of someone else’s work. And no review should be left before the customer receives their item. She has only a few reviews from people who received their doll. And I’m betting those are fake. Her responses to negative reviews just say it takes 6 months to complete a doll. These babies better be breathing and crying if it’s going to take that long to make them. :flushed:

3 Likes

Hmm…what’s extra strange is that I’m pretty sure Etsy doesn’t allow reviews until a number of days after shipment. Or maybe even days after receipt of the package?

Recently I sent a private message to a raw mohair supplier thanking her for a beautiful fleece, saying I’d go write a glowing review. Then I had to write back and say sorry, I’d have to do it later-- because the system wouldn’t allow me to do it so soon. I had already received the package, but I think it made me wait about 10 more days.

2 Likes

Sure it take six month : the kits aren’t been release yet…I saw she list April. How long you think it will take to receive the finish baby if you order this custom :anguished:
Not even one picture of her work, beside the few in the comment section, and they are not stunning as I can see.

I am angry to see thing like that on Etsy, as I try my best to sell here with honesty. Those sellers made bad reputation to all .

3 Likes

I don’t know if the time frame is after the purchase or the delivery. I will try to found it. Sometime I can leave a revew before receiving my order, sometime a lot after.

1 Like

You can leave a review, including a one-to-five star rating and a photo of your purchase, within 100 days of the scheduled delivery date of your item. The estimated delivery date is the date of purchase + the processing time + the shipping time. You can edit your review, including photos, as many times as you want during this 100-day period.

1 Like

Thanks for checking into that! So my order was processed, shipped, and arrived before it was expected- so that’s why I had to wait for the review. Good to know that info.

1 Like

I just hope she gets her pre ordered product and is happy with it.
I would not be happy waiting a possible 6 months. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

A lot “custom” artist tends to do this on Etsy which does need be to regulated. I thought Etsy is supposed to be only for handmade/handcrafted items produced by you.

I did a little research on the artist. She does have a FB nursery page that features some of her own work. She does do good work from what I saw but it isn’t okay to use someone else’s photos.

3 Likes

I don’t know her, but she has 233 listings, of other people’s work! SMH

2 Likes

I have seen her complain about a customer on a scammer group but have not seen any complaints against her. She had a lady that was happy with her baby she bought and then later started complaining about it.

1 Like

Sadly, I see a lot of this type of thing on Etsy. I know there is no way she’d be able to con another artist by using pics that are not of her own work, but I’m sure those that are not too familiar with other artists or are a new collector, could be conned easily.

4 Likes

Perhaps it takes 6 months because she has to wait for the kit to be released. I’d still be very wary of this one.

2 Likes

I stumbled across her when I wondered if Gudrun Legler has a new kit coming up. She has nothing on her website, and so I was surprised when I saw Tony and when I googled her this ETSY artist came up. It has not been even pre-ordered? Maybe Gudrun decided just make certain number, and not bother with pre-orders?

1 Like

Preorders for Tony is sometime in the beginning of June but no set date yet.

How did you find it? I cannot see a mention of Tony on Gudrun’s website?

Prototypes are out and Tony is listed by Brenda as an upcoming pre-order.

1 Like

Yes, but it’s weird that Gudrun herself has not announced the new kit?