WIP Its a girl

I just can’t seem to get the rooting down I can see how i want to do it, i’ts just not working.and i broke 6 of the new small needles i just got. I sure hope i get better with time. sorry about the photos, i had to use my husbands phone to take pics. she’s not done in the last pic, it just kinda freaks me out to just take a pic of the head.

from the front it looks good! Take a picture of the back!

I think it looks nice too, I always have a hard time with the swirl though.
rooting has got to be my least favorite part. but good luck, it’s turning out great

Thank you, I will take a pick of the back when I finish it. She’s bald in the back still.
— Begin quote from “RJSweetpea”

rooting has got to be my least favorite part. but good luck, it’s turning out great

— End quote

Yeah I still haven’t got the swirl down, but I will. If I have to just buy test heads, and a thousand needles will get it. Lol

she looks great

You’re doing a wonderful job; she’s looking GREAT!

I think she is looking good… When you take a pciture of just the head, wrap a blanket or towel around the neck and you won’t be so freaked out by the look!! But we are all used to it by now…

Looks great from the front. I too use to break sometimes 10 to 15 needles in one sitting rooting hair years ago. Now I might break one or two. Just depends on how hard that head is.

Looks great to me. Of course, now I remember I needed to get smaller needles…and I placed two orders recently and forgot…now I have to place another order…hope they have more seconds kits…husband will kill me for getting more!

The head looks great and hope to see more photos soon! thanks ladies for the tip about wrapping the neck in something!

I think you are doing a wounderful job! Great job!

— Begin quote from “krenee”

Thank you, I will take a pick of the back when I finish it. She’s bald in the back still.
— Begin quote from “RJSweetpea”

— End quote

Yeah I still haven’t got the swirl down, but I will. If I have to just buy test heads, and a thousand needles will get it. Lol

— End quote

Good for you Karen, don’t give up!!! She’s looking good so far :0)

Did you use a rice sock sweetie? you said you broke 6 needles. If you it soft vinyl and you do not need to heat it the rice sock helps to hold the head shape

Yes on the first one and that is the one I broke my needles on. The second one I just stuck a rag in her head and no broken needles. This one I’m working on now has th softest head I will have to use a rad to keep her head from collapsing, well that is if I ever get to rooting. Lol

— Begin quote from “krenee”

Yes on the first one and that is the one I broke my needles on. The second one I just stuck a rag in her head and no broken needles. This one I’m working on now has th softest head I will have to use a rad to keep her head from collapsing, well that is if I ever get to rooting. Lol

— End quote

Fill asiouxk with rice to stuff the head. If it is hard to root, microwave it first so the head is warmer. Someone else uses a sock filled with poly pellets to firm up the head while rooting.

thank you for sharing. i welcome any help i can get.

I just re-read my post and corrected “sick” to sock and “dock” to sock. Darn iPhone keypad and auto correct!! LOL!!

Lol that’s ok I knew what you meant, and my IPad does the same thing.

luv2Lrn when you get tired of your beautiful AA baby you can send him mt way!!