Would you use this body?

Question: Would you use this body on this baby and/or would you buy this baby with this body? It allows for the legs to have the full leg look but because they are in a bent position the baby is a little froggy legged. The other option would be 3/4 cloth leg body which many do not like. I already have 2 of these so it would save me money to only have to get 1 more.

3 Likes

I like it that way, but I also don’t mind leg caps.

2 Likes

you could also take a little tuck in front so its more of a front load instead of side load to look a little less froggy

4 Likes

Agreed…that’s what I would do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have decided I really need the front loading leg version of this body. I was j ust trying to save some money and use what I have so I can keep the costs of the baby low. Well if anyone has any front loading bodies to trade I am going to be need 3 of them. Sigh…

1 Like

That’s what I was going to suggest. Do you know the story behind the sculpting of this kit?

I’d use a front loading leg body. I don’t like the frog leg look. It’s fine if they’re just lying down, but the legs stay splayed when you pick them up.

1 Like

No, I don’t know the story. Could you relate it to us here?

Sure. :0) Years and years back (like 8 or 9) there was a sculpt along on dollfan. It was a picture of a baby literally just born in a home birth. That was her face upon coming out of the water and laying on her mom. The series of pictures were absolutely beautiful and they were found online. Several well known sculptors took part. Elisa Marx, Wendy Dickison (who sculpted haily) and Olivia Stone were among them. Elisa Marx’s baby was just as beautiful as you would expect it to be and Olivia Stone did an amazing job as well but my favorite was this one, by Wendy. Elisa’s is in someone’s private collection, Olivia Stone produced hers in silicone (Diana and there was a biracial version of a different name) and Wendy’s was produced by RDK. That’s a story in and of itself. I reborned one and I’m lucky to have a head that I’m keeping for myself. I have to find different limbs. And that’s the story of how this beautiful sculpt came to be. :0)

7 Likes

Well now how interesting that is! I did not know that.

1 Like

I would choose a front loading body for the legs xox

I ordered 3 from Roseanne’s botique

can you give me the web site My problem is I did Grant and it calls for a #300 body but it does the same thing with the frog legs,

She is a member here and I found her on her FB page.

Hi, I dont make babies just started buying at Christmas and have 10 :slight_smile: I love them all.
I have this body on my Panther, sorry I don’t know what kit she is I bought her used that’s her name and love it… she looks adorable and I love the way these body’s are jointed ! My cuddle baby has joints like these to! I added pics but don’t feel well and her clothes are on.

3 Likes

She’s beautiful!! I love her hair.

Aww… thank you I love her and she looks a lot like Cheetah her baby brother!20180728_034228

That’s interesting. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re welcome. :0) Not everyone in the dolly world belonged to dollfan and there doesn’t seem to be that many of us left from the early era of reborning to tell the stories anymore.

1 Like

I did reborn Berenguers way back then. The painting was mainly on the inside of the vinyl. And since it was 1/4 limbs, the painting didn’t take long. It was fun trying to make the same kit over and over, seeing how many different looks you could come up with. I stopped after a few years, due to life getting busy. But I just started back this year. I’m loving this new process and all the variety of kits. But I do miss the flexibility of the 1/4 limbs. Here are a few of my reborn Berenguers from the early 2000s IMG_7063

IMG_7064

1 Like