Driving to ROSE 2019 need road trip help

Hello all ladies and gentlemens .

I will be driving from Vancouver , Canada to Layton Utah with my 10 old son.
We have some ideas where we would like to stop and enjoy the views , city etc .

Not to expencive but still clean Motels ?

Must see places between Seattle and Layton Utah ? I will have another topic later somethimes for the coast from Seattle to Los Angeles .

4 Likes

I’d love to drive ( I’m in Alberta) but I don’t think I could find anyone to go with me

1 Like

You have to go to Yellowstone! It’s absolutely breath taking. :heart:

2 Likes

Also, if you like to camp, Yellowstone and the other national parks have great camping for really cheap. I’m already super jealous of your road trip. :wink:

1 Like

Oh Campyng !! Somehow I considered motels but great idea , especially if we don’t have to book it ahead of time .

2 Likes

You might have to book in advance since the ROSE show is in the summer and lots of people are on vacation at that time. National park camping grounds may be full. I would check on it to be sure.

2 Likes

Thank you for all . I will be looking into it. I guess I could fit the tent and two sleeping bags in the car . ( I have inflatable mats that can be folded for very small )

1 Like

I bought a kitten from a lady in Alberta about 12 years ago and that kitten flew from Alberta to Muscle Shoals, Alabama and was one mad kitten when we picked her up at the airport.

5 Likes

I am driving straight through (from CA) I am so not looking forward to it. I will have a car full of babies and props so I can’t stop and play. I am totally envious of you taking a road trip with your little, what great memories. See ya there!

2 Likes

What exactly is this ? Is it kinda like a car show where everyone brings the cars for show or is it where you buy stuff ?

1 Like

It’s an international doll show in Utah. People come from all over this and other countries. Some forum members have reserved booths to sell their reborns.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing ! Can just any one go .

1 Like

Anyone can go. If you go to rosedollexpo.com you’ll find all the info. There are reborning classes, tea party, baby shower and awards banquet. Look under events. It’s from July 10-13, 2019 at the Davis Convention Center in Layton, Utah. Floor passes to the show are $14.95 per each of 2 days (Friday & Saturday). Tickets can be purchased for classes and other events. I’ve already booked my room. This is the 3rd year I’ve tried to go. Life keeps getting in the way and eating my money but the third time’s a charm, right?

3 Likes

@Granna, if you can possibly fit it into your schedule and budget you should definitely go. It is an amazing show and we all have so much fun. If you are able to do it make sure to wear a nametag that associates you with the Bountiful Baby forum, with your name, so we all know who you are. It’s really sad when people go to the show and don’t have a nametag and we never get to meet them. You’ll love it!!!

2 Likes

Check out the gallery too :slight_smile: You can get a good idea of what happens :slight_smile: It is fun
https://rosedollexpo.com/pages/2018-photo-gallery-2

3 Likes

I will be having my props and babies with me . After each arrival to a hotel I have to take out the dolls from the car . We did a road trip in 2017 and both my kids and my niece like it . My son can wait . He likes the way that we drive in the morning hours and visit different places in the afternoon/ evenings

4 Likes

Do you have to sign up and pay ahead of time to do some of the classes or pay for your ticket to get in or do you do it all there

2 Likes

Classes sell out early so you need to sign up in advance. It’s a good idea to get tickets for any events you want to go to-baby shower, awards banquet, tea party, also. They also sell out but I’m not sure how far in advance. I’m guessing they sell tickets to just the show at the door but I’ve never been so I’m not sure. If you’ll need a hotel, be sure to book that early, too.

2 Likes

Like jean said

Buy as soon as possible.

Most things sold out last year. The only thing that doesn’t is the show floor entry tickets

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful information I have one question though if I could only afford to do one thing At the Rose what would you suggest would be the one thing to do I know I can’t afford to do everything I would like to do so I’m just wondering everybody’s opinion on what’s a must

1 Like