How to fix creases?

I don’t like how the creases look. I already did. A seal. Can I go back n fix creases, if I can how should creases be done? Or how n what do you use for your creases?

8 Likes

Creases seem to be an ongoing problem to many of us. I can’t get mine right for the life of me. I think I am going to start leaving them alone, just doing certain ones. I HATE creases!!!

3 Likes

Thank you. It just looks like a line to me.

I think they look good, too. I paint the crease then use a dry mop brush and gently pounce the crease to blend the paint into the area. You can still do it with your doll. Some people routinely do several coats for their creases. I think they’re too time consuming and only re-do ones that get too light after other layers of paint have been applied on top. I try to do the creases toward the end so only a few washes go over it.

5 Likes

I’m done. I sealed it. Even before I sealed it, I didn’t care for them, but after seeing or looking at some pics I thought they were ok. But after sealing, I decided it was just a line n doesn’t look realistic.

3 Likes

You can always re-do them and re-seal.

4 Likes

Thanks, I think that’s what I will do.

5 Likes

Jody is painting my Thomas twins for me. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. :smiley: I really really like her work. I aspire to be like her when I grow up. :wink:

2 Likes

I like your creases too.

3 Likes

Who is Jodi? Lol

3 Likes

Jody Slater of Heavenly Butterflies Nursery. The second photo @Thestarcatcher posted is one of her babies.

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Lucky you!!! That’s awesome!!!

2 Likes

She’s painting the kits for me. I will have to do the hair and assembly myself, but yea, I am lucky. :blush:

2 Likes

I myself think they look nice.

3 Likes

I agree…not seeing anything really wrong with your creases…I also agree that some creases
on babies are darker due to shadowing of the skin folds…but that is hard to achieve
on a viny limb…I see too many that look angry and red…like a skin irritation…LOL!!!

4 Likes

To be honest yours looks really good to me.

1 Like

I found that after painting a crease if I pounce it with a soft clean paint brush it softens the line and gets out any extra paint that may turn chalky when kit is baked.

2 Likes

Thank you

I think they are perfect, just leave themstrong text