I hate eyebrows

They really really suck. I think I’m gonna end up with a bunch of browless babies just laying around. Sometimes I luck up and they come out ok, and others I kid you not, just make me wanna glue hair strategically and call it a day. I’ve watched videos, reviewed tutorials and it just seems like me and eyebrows don’t see eye to eye :persevere: even this emoji has better eyebrows

6 Likes

I finally figured that out after three babies with the look of surprise lol. Now it’s more of getting a pattern and also replicating it on the opposite side.

2 Likes

Try holding the head upside down. Sideways, too. This can really help for placement.

Laurie

3 Likes

Brows always make me crossed eye and want to pull all my hair out lol

1 Like

I hate em too, they are so simple but my hand will not cooperate with my brain. You can do just barely there eyebrows with super thinned paint an medium???

2 Likes

I think that’s what I’m gonna do. I can draw them on paper with no problem, but as soon as I try to paint them :-1:

1 Like

When I first started my strategy was to paint barely there, very light eyebrows. They weren’t that great, but you could barely see them so it was okay;) Now that I feel a bit more comfortable with them it still takes me forever. I wipe off more than I keep, and if I get a few that I like I bake them and then paint a few more. What really helped me feel less scared was realizing real brows do not match each other exactly. I still feel like I have more to learn and improve with them, but after lots of practice they aren’t as scary anymore:)

Have you ever tried prisma pencil instead of painting them? I prefer a paint brush, but if you are having better luck drawing them on paper maybe you would have better luck drawing them on the baby?

4 Likes

That’s a good idea. Thank you. I’ll try that bc I do get some nice hairs but then I mess up n erase it all. Never thought about eyebrows being different. The ones I usually keep have been done in prisma, but lines are never thin enough and tend to blur together😣

1 Like

It sounds like you need a better pencil sharpener. I didn’t like prisma for the same reason, until I went to CORA conference and they had the best sharpener, I never had used a prisma pencil that was so sharp and could create such fine lines! I don’t recall a brand, but I believe it was an eyebrow pencil sharpener bought at a beauty supply store.

2 Likes

My daughter likes to draw and she needs to sharpen her pencils a lot so I bought her a little battery operated sharpener and it works great for my prisma pencils.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: I never thought about that. I buying a different sharpener today :smile:

1 Like

I would love to try prismatic pencil for brows, is there a brown that looks natural you could recommend. I would like to buy a couple of shades of brown if you could recommend a couple of colors…thank you so much!

1 Like

If you can find the Prisma sharpener, it works great. It’s manual.

1 Like

I have these 11 pencils from Dolls By Sandy that are all great hair colors, here is the link:
Prismacolor Premier Pencils - Great Pencil for Drawing Hair, Eyebrows and more If you are doing air dry any color will work great! If you are doing heat set you do need to be careful because sometimes the color can change after baking. I would definitely test the color on a test piece first if you are baking. I know with heat set paints you need to vanish before using the pencils, and I’m almost positive that is true for air dry as well. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is so perfect, I am currently using genesis, so I will definitely test it. I also plan on learning acrylic so it will work out for me both ways. Thank you for so kindly offering detailed information for me.

2 Likes

I think I use dark umber and dark brown the most. I also add in a lighter shade to add depth. Normally something like peach.
(I say I think… because my pencils are now nubs and I can not see the name of the color… LOL)

4 Likes

You’re welcome! :heart:

1 Like

Don’t give up! Practice makes perfect. And don’t forget, eyebrows are sisters not twins.

4 Likes

I love the tutorial by customdollbaby. She roots hers and they look great.

1 Like

I make a row of tiny dots, not too close together-just enough to stay on track, along the brow ridge where I want the center of the eyebrow to be. I think one trick for painting/drawing eyebrow hairs is to not put them too close together, then go back and fill in where necessary. When I need to remove a single hair I do it with a toothpick so it doesn’t take off the ones I’m happy with. Rooting realistic eyebrows is much harder for me than painting them. They don’t stay down very well, even sealed, and the sealer seams to darken the color slightly.

3 Likes