I haven't seen this one

All of this makes this hobby so not fun. If people would just obey commandment number 9…and 8 then things wouldn’t get ruined.

4 Likes

Gotta be Atelier Wiesje. They’re the only supplier in the Netherlands.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure. This is the size of a 7 year old and some people are getting $1000+ for toddlers.

3 Likes

■■■■■ :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I get $1200-1500 for my toddlers. So I would definitely expect $2000 for a child size doll. But most artists in this price range provide rooted heads for that price.

2 Likes

One good thing (unless she is under another name/business) is that Linda’s site is currently shut down.

3 Likes

I looked that woman up and saw part of her Facebook with a post that said she has her side to the story. (Of course people supported her) Idk how she can claim to have another side to the story when it boils down to her stealing and breaking a contract.

5 Likes

*UPDATE: Summary shared with permission

I reached out to the artist. She was so nice! :slight_smile:

She has been in touch with Ping Lau, who is of course sad about the whole situation, but has no problem with these specific completed dolls being sold or this artist. This artist isn’t on Facebook or social media, so she didn’t know. She bought the kits from Atelier Wiesje, which is(?) appears to be(?) a legal distributer for the Netherlands.

In my opinion, given that Atelier Wiesje is still using the term “Lifelike Babies & Toddlers, Inc” they must not be in contact with Linda Skievaski or connected the lawsuit, otherwise they would have tried to use Linda’s new business name, right? They must just have old stock from before things went down.

Note: I am avoiding typing out the name of this artist or her nursery because I don’t want this to show up if someone Googles her name. She wants to stay out of it and I respect that and her. She also told me she doesn’t want anyone thinking she sold a dodgy kit.

2 Likes

I just love the expressions of all her kids. I just haven’t had the guts to try to paint one because I don’t think I could neutralize that orange that the kit comes in.

Maybe, but I think a really good wig, like this one, is better than poorly rooted hair.

1 Like

I’m surprised she hasn’t sold…and now she’s marked as coming soon. So I’m confused.

1 Like

More issues with Ping’s copyright

3 Likes

This is so upsetting. Why don’t these people who steal and copy just make their own?

3 Likes

I am confused. Did Conny Burke sculpt the head or just reborn the kit? Saying sculpted by a family member seems weird.

4 Likes

Hmmm.
All of it is so weird. Ugh

Either way no one should be adding parts to Ping’s work

I cant even find this page on FB?

It was in my feed. I used to buy from Doll Dreams and I think this is that page with the name changed.

1 Like

I lost respect for Conny Burke when she sided with Linda instead of Ping. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow…that’s so disappointing :frowning:

3 Likes

Wishing a good outcome for Ping, whatever it takes.

4 Likes