I made my first cuddle body

Hi everyone I made my fist cuddle body I would love your options how I can make it better . Is the head the right size for this body ( it’s not painted)

13 Likes

Looks to be a good size for the head!

2 Likes

Great work!!!

3 Likes

I love it, it looks proportionally just right, even undressed looks like a cuddly new baby! Great job

3 Likes

Thanks everyone ! I new thought I would like to do a cuddle baby but I loved making it . My four year old was gonna get a new reborn but now she is gonna get a cuddle baby . I weighed the hands and feet with poly pellets and finished stuffing them with stuffing , just stuffing in body but gonna put pellets in head . Iam going to make one for an elderly person in nursing home would you say whole kit or cuddle baby is best?

1 Like

You did a great job. I would either stuff the arms less or make them more slender in the elbow to wrist area. They seem a bit thick there to me.

2 Likes

How funny- I was working on the same thing today! Did you use pop joints on the arms and legs? I was trying to find a nice way to just sew them on, but I know that’ll limit posing options.

1 Like

Did you use a pattern? If so where did you find it? I have an alternative cuddle baby planned and I need something super specific for the body so I want to try making it myself

1 Like

Thank you for your advise I was thinking the same thing but wasn’t sure .

Yes I did I took them off a body I didn’t like lol . I wanted to try it before I ordered some lol

Yes ! I always make my own patterns for stuff ! What size baby you gonna make? as in newborn ect .

I’ll be doing a newborn sized baby :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha good call! Thank you for the reply :blush:

1 Like

That’s what this one is .

I YouTubed how to remove them lol worked like a charm!

1 Like

So leave the hands like they are or sounder them too ?

My preferences would be smaller hands but it is up to you.

I like the looks of this one I snarfed off FB. I dunno who made it but the wrists and hands are smaller and to me it looks better than the ones I have seen with big hands.

2 Likes

I agree thank you Iam gonna slim my pattern down

Do you think this pattern would work? I know almost nothing about cuddle bodies lol

1 Like

I have no idea lol but it looks like it might be ok I just don’t like the flat foot but that’s just my opinion.