Nuwave oven score!

$25! Yes, $25! Barely used and in excellent condition!

Do I NEED an extender? Or do you use yours perfect without an extender?

5 Likes

Great deal! I found mine for $40 when I started out. No extender ring included. I just recently got an extender ring because I was only doing small newborns and preemies to start. But any kit bigger than a preemie will run the risk of going shiny and being too close to the heat. Its up to you, but you definitely need it if you want to do bigger kits!

1 Like

I recommend if you invest in a ring, invest in a metal one. They will crack, so metal saves more money in the long run.
Take a look at this thread!
http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/nuwave-ring-cracking/68582

1 Like

I feel like Brittany may be too big with out an extender.
I’m sure Megan would fit? 16inches.
And why would they go too shinny? Even with a matte varnish? Could you explain?

Oh man! The metal ones must be pricey too… wahhh. I’d need to find a great deal!

1 Like

If you go to mynuwaveoven.com they have just the ring for 19.95 plus shipping.

1 Like

Yeah! Good find!

I have a second new nuwave,been using it for maybe 6 months and cracking all over too…so bummed. I bought more glue today. For $25 if you get a year or so you are money ahead!

1 Like

I’m not sure on Brittany but Megan should be fine. The matte varnish will fix the shininess but while you are painting, the kit can go very shiny from being too close to the heat source. I got a couple shiny foreheads because of this. But you are right, the matte varnish fixes it at the end!

1 Like

I have a metal ring and my plastic dome cracked on the second use.

1 Like

Grrrrrr so frustrating, when I buy again,( once I squeeze all the life I can get out of these two) I am buying glass. I am going to learn acrylic too, would love to be good in both mediums. @RebornsbyZebra has been helping me so much break into the acrylics :heart_eyes:.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone,
You rock!