Thanksgiving recipes

The person who made autocorrect is a troll. And also a millionaire so what do I know? What you haven’t? Ok you need them now. I think they’re polish food. My hometown has a lot of European neighborhoods. It’s so good. Pasta pockets filled with potatoes and cheese or other tasty fillings. The Russians and Ukrainians have a similar food.

1 Like

I’m thinking Aldi might have them? I’ll try it and let you know what I think!

1 Like

I think you can get them in the frozen section of most grocery stores, at least where I live you can. I love them too lol

2 Likes

I’m adding them to my grocery list. I need to go tomorrow; we’re down to one Lean Cuisine and it’s gross!

2 Likes

Yes try them! Which Lean Cuisine?

I think it’s Santa Fe Rice and Beans.

1 Like

YUM! I want some!

1 Like

I made Apple Crisp for dessert yesterday, and also Chocolate Mocha cake (delish!) I’ll post recipe tomorrow. Today I made Bakeapple Cheesecake. It’s jus5 about all gone already. Have yo7 heard of bakeapples? Also called cloudberries

3 Likes

I sure wish we could all get together for a potluck!

2 Likes

I have not but can you make me some? You had me at cloud and apples.

A potluck would be so much fun!

1 Like

My gawd my arteries just clogged up reading that but my heart is happy and my stomach is saying , “make it make make it”

3 Likes

My husbands family calls them pasties. He and his brothers make them every year and smother them in ketchup! They are Irish but they have people who settled in Michigan back in the old coal mining days!

1 Like

I am a greens girl. Your recipe sounds good. My family was big on the greens (cheap to grow outside) We grew and ate them all. My GGM had a recipe that she put sardines in, I know it sounds gross but when I was a kid we ate sardines every Friday (Catholic fish day) and i loved them (hate them now).

I found the closest I can get to my GGM greens are at my favorite Ethiopian place, they leave the ribs and make em a little bitter, you eat them with that sour injera bread and some spicy chicken tibs…kills me!

2 Likes

Bahaha!! You are right! Maybe this is why hubby had to have his gallbladder out :joy:

I’ve made this macaroni casserole for Thanksgiving and Christmas the last 20 years. :heart:
1 box small elbow macaroni
1lb sharp cheese, grated
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can mushroom pieces with juice
1/4 cup onions
1 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbs melted butter
1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs(I use Ritz)

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Mix thoroughly with the next 5 ingredients. Place in a 1.5 to 2 quart casserole(I’ve always used a 9x13 casserole dish). Melt the butter. Mix the cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Sprinkle over the macaroni. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until edges start to bubble.

1 Like

I put heavy whipping cream instead of milk in my Mac n cheese, it comes out creamier!

3 Likes

Yes! I couldn’t remember the name to save my life. I first learned about them from reading American Gods. I have a friend from up there so I’m kinda mad she never told me about these haha.

1 Like

Do you have any Cajun recipes?

I live in WI and am 28 miles from Iron Mountain, MI. I grew up with pasties! Delish!!!

2 Likes