Where do you buy your box opening stuff?

Blankets? Binkies? Clothing? Where’s your favorite places to shop?
I’m wanting to find some really basic, solid colored blankets for my openings because I have really bad OCD and don’t like mismatching my blankets with outfits. I know it’s weird. So I’ve been wanting to find some pink, yellow, and blue blankets at a reasonable price for box openings.

2 Likes

When I lived in the US and my kids were babies I shopped at Gymboree and The Children’s Place. I still ordered Gymboree clothes after we moved to France, the slow shipping was not only cheaper but there were no tax. Both of my youngest kids have autism and Gymboree makes soft, rugged, clothes with no tags, and they are stinkin cute!
I buy for my grandsons, who live in the US, now because my kids are teenagers. Im going home next October and I’m taking an empty suitcase for baby clothes LOL

2 Likes

I get my fluffy blankets from eBay. I can buy them in packs of four or six and they are far cheaper than if I bought them one at a time. Gymboree typically has sets that include the blanket but they can be expensive. Its better to go to the store and buy off the sales rack.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with the topic, I’m just curious you live in France from the US? How interesting, What made you make that move?

2 Likes

My husband is French. I already had three kids from my first marriage, when we met, in San Diego. He was working at UCSD. He got a professors position here so we moved 8 years ago with our two little ones as my first three kids were adults already and did not want to come with us.

3 Likes

I always find really good deals on really nice blankets at the outlet stores. Ross, Marshall’s then TJ Max. I usually check in that order.

3 Likes

I love all of those. Plus Tuesday Morning. And the best outlet of all around here is Burkes outlet. :heart:

3 Likes

Walmart, Ross, Penney’s, Etsy, thrift stores, The Preemie Store, Perfectly Preemie and anywhere else I find them. LOL. Ross (if there’s one near where you’ll be) has great, really soft, baby blankets for $6-$7. Even at Walmart the same kinds of blankets are $15 or more. Ross also has really cute outfits.

2 Likes

I buy my stuff from Burlington and Goodwill. My GW has a lot of new items they get from target. Burlington always has good deals.

2 Likes

I love Gymboree and Carters and always hit the sales, plus Kohls has great sales and stacking coupons and store cash and all that. I’m a sucker for a good sale. I keep saying I need to open my own shop :smile:

6 Likes

Do it @kareninflorida !!!

3 Likes

Around here I love Beall’s Outlet. Which is the same as Burke’s Outlet I believe. I also like Ross, Marshals, TJ Maxx, and Burlington Coat Factory.

2 Likes

I never thought of kohl’s going to have to go and see what they have!

2 Likes

Me too haha! I have a Ross and Marshals in the same shopping center :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like Marshall’s found 4 pack of blankets for 6.99!

2 Likes

Me too lol!

I make all of my blankets to match the baby’s outfit. I ship the baby with a multi-piece outfit, onesie, sleeper, paci, bottle, and blenket.

I start by ordering the main outfit, usually a Gymboree or Carter’s outfit that’s new with tags from eBay or Swap . com. Then I find a onesie in a coordinating color, and a sleeper that matches too. I order Honeybug pacis to match the theme and colors of the outfit.

6 Likes