I haven't seen this one

This is 7 year old Delphi by Ping Lau. Can you imagine rooting this head? This one is wigged but it’s a good one.

9 Likes

Oh I loved her!! I messaged Melissa about her just because she’s so amazingly done! Wish I could have this doll lol

1 Like

Me, too. She’d be so fun to buy clothes for.

1 Like

She’s amazing but I wonder if everybody knows the details of went down with this kit? Link to what I know from Ping Lau’s Facebook

I hadn’t seen if this kit actually ever was sold. I’m not sure if the COA is valid if the sculptor parted ways the the kit producer in a way where they don’t give permission anymore? I would think technically yes because of contracts but it feels messy, unfortunately, especially if the reborn artist didn’t know the background, because this doll is amazing and the reborn artist did an incredible job. Does anyone know if Ping has said much recently about the situation?

5 Likes

I didn’t know anything about this. It stinks. I did wonder why there are no kits of her available.

2 Likes

I did not know this! How sad for Ping :confused:

2 Likes

Unfortunately she’s a stolen sculpt. Lot of the Ping Lau toddler kits were stolen. But I think this is the only one and one more are the only ones that were never legally produced. The other ones had plenty of rounds from the factory before Lifelike Babies and Toddlers decided to “cut the middleman” and fire Ping Lau and Irresistibles so she could keep all of the money for herself. She has been sued and her site is now down. But she was able to sell plenty of stolen kits before being shut down. There’s lots of posts on facebook about the mess. :cry:

4 Likes

It’s such a shame. This is a beautiful kit.

1 Like

She’s sculpting new toddlers. They will be through Irresistibles

5 Likes

I agree. She so beautiful :weary:

1 Like

I just went to the listing. She’s gorgeous. But $2,000 for a doll with a wig?! That’s insane. :rofl:

1 Like

Ohhh…so I wonder how this kit (Delphi) was obtained…

1 Like

Linda has always been the producer of the Ping Lau lifelike babies and toddler kits. But the contract said Irresistibles would be the dealer, and Ping Lau would earn royalties from each kit. With this particular kit, Linda paid for Ping to sculpt her. But then she cancelled her contract and sent it to the factory to be produced and distributed without paying any royalties to Ping Lau and without allowing Irresistibles to carry the kit. She said cutting the middle men would allow her to provide better value. But how is the sculptor the middle man? Without the sculptor, the product doesn’t exist. Anyway she started her own website and was selling this kit along with some of the others like Mila and Adele. On her site she didn’t say they were sculpted by Ping Lau. She just acted like they were all hers. Ping Lau tried to resist suing. But eventually it was unavoidable. So now I do believe this mess is being dealt with in court.

4 Likes

She also threatened selling the sculpts to China.

2 Likes

Melissa said this on her listing: Kit Bought From: Kit from the Nethelands supplier. I am willing to show you the receipt.

Melissa posted another one today - Ying, which is not on the IRR site. Is that a stolen sculpt also?

And if kits were officially bought and artists don’t follow FB, how would those artists know?

2 Likes

Maybe she doesn’t know…? I don’t have Facebook so wouldn’t have known. Idk if she has one or not…

3 Likes

Also, which supplier is in the Netherlands?

1 Like

Linda also changed her business name to Wishingwell Reborns, once word got out.

3 Likes

Another stolen sculpt

4 Likes

Without Facebook they wouldn’t know. Artists trust dealers to only carry legit sculpts. Unfortunately that’s not enough anymore. I guess we need to thoroughly research every individual sculpt before painting it. For instance, Harper Arcello…she looks innocent. Reputable dealers carry her. But those of us who know, know that Andrea originally marketed her as a limited edition kit. The kit was long sold out and highly sought after, selling high on the second hand market. Then suddenly Andrea decided to re-release her with different limbs. To a lot of us, that makes the kit unethical. But how would anyone know all of this if they weren’t deep into the reborn gossip world. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes