Kit match for Baby Dear doll from 1960s

Can anyone suggest a kit that looks like baby dear a. 1960s doll by Eloise wilkins. I don’t know how to load a picture.

1 Like

Is this her? She looks like a doll I had in 1960’s.

babydear

3 Likes

If that’s her, maybe anming by ping lau, or even Fabrizia by ping Lau (although she has closed eyes).
Or Amy by sandy faber.

2 Likes

Yes that’s her! Thank you so much!

1 Like

You are welcome, I have been searching for a baby doll that I had as a little girl, I carried her everywhere and she sat at the dinner table in her own high chair too, lol. That baby is not her but so close.

1 Like

Was it Thumbelina?? She looked similar. She had a knob you turned in her back that made her move.

1 Like

Anming by Ping Lau?

6 Likes

Maybe Chung by Sebilla Bos?

5 Likes

@CindyLouWho not Thumbilina either, thanks! lol

Initially I thought it was her but my doll was AA. As they did make an AA one. But my doll had a glued on wig with straight black hair like the Baby Dear doll. Her mouth was closed. Her eyes open and closed and her skin was lighter than AA Thumbellina. She did have a cloth body. I named her Pearl.

I have been searching for her for a very long time like 40 years. My family was stationed in Italy when I got her for Christmas. I don’t know if she was an Italian Doll or not.

1 Like

My goodness as I was typing in the description and saw this baby my heart skipped a beat, I think that may be her. Who is she? @Countrycradlereborns

1 Like

The only reason I don’t think that is the doll is because her eyes do not look like they open and close. That was a big deal then, lol. I don’t remember her lips being so red but I may have a cloudy memory.

Sometimes you can check on Ebay and find vintage dolls. You could look under vintage Italian dolls and see if anything pops up.

1 Like

How about this one?

1 Like

@CindyLouWho That sure looks like her, I just don’t remember her lips being so red, but I am sure that doll is refurbished. Her hair was black but I’m sure that wouldn’t have lasted 50 plus years. I want her! Is she on Ebay? Thank you!

2 Likes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1965-Vogue-Black-Baby-Doll-All-Original/253421659819?hash=item3b011ba6ab:g:UI8AAOSwD39agE2i

1 Like

I see that is not her as her hair is rooted. But that my be as close as I’m going to get, lol!

Thanks @pia and @CindyLouWho I got my baby Christmas of 1964, thanks for putting me on the right track!

I found this too!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Baby-Dear-Doll-Vogue-1964-Cloth-and-Vinyl-17-Brown-Eyes-and-Hair/391978845487?hash=item5b43c2852f:g:qCYAAOSwWB1Z4pn5

***I just remembered that the reason the baby had a wig on was because my Mother replaced her hair because it looked bad from me combing it all the time. So this is the baby, lol. I am going to get her!!!

3 Likes

@robyn Please forgive me for taking over your post as I got very excited seeing that baby. I am sorry. :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Well Angel has those fatty facial features but has closed eyes.I wonder how she would look with the eyes cut open a little as these babies have small slit eyes.

I’m so happy you posted the pictures and we both found our babies. Thank you guys so much.

3 Likes