Kit match for Baby Dear doll from 1960s

Thank you for the info! @micholc

@robyn @Countrycradlereborns @CindyLouWho @pia

A good day Found her once and then again. :grinning:

I know this is an old post but I had to come back to talk about my childhood doll. I had the baby dear doll for a while and something about her just kept nagging at me. Her chewed hand started getting to me and actually made me kinda upset. So I got mad took her clothes off and decided to try to change her body, (I never did) lol.

Anyway I went to an outside Flea Market today and a doll was calling my name (not really) but when I got to her I thought darn she feels so familiar. I bought her for $5.00, when I got home I realized she is my childhood doll. She has on a blue dress. On the back of her neck is Alexander 1966. I am pretty sure I had the one from the year before with a solid blue dress but this is her. Her and Baby Dear look so alike. I will take a pic of her and post it in a little while.

@Nikkiroc my brother used to throw my dolls around and I would scream at him. I think he guided me toward her.

This first pic is from the internet is the one I found today. :dancer:t4: :dancer:t4: :dancer:t4: The second pic from the internet is the doll and dress I had. The dress I had made for Baby Dear is pretty close.

alexander1965
(Baby Dear) Dress mady by @Nanasherry
Babydear babydear2

Now I need to fix the dress for the new doll baby.

9 Likes

I enjoyed this happy, exciting post! :grin:

2 Likes

Great find!

1 Like

@AnnieSokay IM SURW TOU ARE RIGHT !!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I can’t believe this was 3 years ago. Going to post a pic of her hopefully tomorrow. Been busy with Parade Dolls.

3 Likes

Here she is as I found her. I have to fix her dress but will take one more pic of her cleaned up.

7 Likes

She is cleaned up. LOL I have a 28" Toddler that I am going to paint that will be her Mommy. I took a pic but never posted it. I’ll try to find it and if can’t I will take another.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see her!

I haven’t had a chance to find or fix her dress. But she is clean now and is wearing a Preemie Diaper. The next time you see her my first Toddler Girl will be holding her. I am so happy to have her. What a long journey this has been. Though she was my favorite as a small child,

Patti PlayPal was my favorite as a Pre Teen. Looking for her too but this time she does not have to be an exact match nor does she have to be an AA doll just the right price. This was the one I had. I have seen quite a few around so Quest number two shall be fun. :slightly_smiling_face:
pattiplaypal

7 Likes