Let's do some house cleaning

First let me say that this is not intended to step on anyone’s toes by any means. It was brought to my attention and I, too, have noticed this. The concern is basically what gets posted in each thread. It seems that threads have gotten “bogged” down with posts that really don’t belong there. So, I am thinking if we all try to get back on track with the original intention of each thread that maybe it will make it easier.

Here I will post what BB has posted as the “purpose” of each thread. I have added some thoughts on each based on my experience and chats with members. Please, don’t take offense with this. Your ideas will help make all these threads more effective.

Bountiful Baby talk—No “For Sale”, “Trade”, or “Drawings” postings.
----basically all our reborn chit chat and questions, etc.

Marketing, Selling, Shipping (eBay, etc.)
Tips and questions on marketing & selling, including photography.
-----this is an area where people can share what works for them or if they have questions and concerns in these areas. It is not intended for ebay, etsy or website listings. Those would go in the For Sale section.

Reborn Tips & Questions
----self-explanatory—lots of good stuff here. If you know of a good tip here, maybe you would consider bumping it up and refreshing everyone’s mind.

Tutorials
Please share your reborning tutorials!
-----there are some excellent tutorials hidden amongst the unrelated posts. If you know of one, bump that up, too. It’s nice to periodically review and learn.

Reborn Showcase
Show your reborns here!
-----Show us your babies. I, personally, would like to see the photos rather than the links. I know there have been some Photobucket issues lately. Just my opinion.

For Sale/Wanted
For personal use only.
----My understanding with this thread was that when we requested this it was with the intention that all items be reborn related. This is where ebay listing could be posted as well.

Bountiful Babies - FOR SALE
----This might be a “hot” topic, but… several people wanted this changed as a place to sell babies other than ebay, etsy, uhippo, or websites. So, people are asking that ebay listings not go here, but in the For Sale section. It is the desire of many that it be left as a place where others can come to directly purchase a BB reborn baby.

Trading Post
For things to trade, and things to “wish for”. Everything here is for “trade” only.
-----like the For Sale section, this was with the intent that items be reborn related.

Work In Progress
------Show us your Work in Progress babies, ask for feedback or suggestions, or just brag.

Off Topic
Want to talk about something other than dollies? Here’s the place!
-----Here’s where all the rest goes. Lots of inspiration and prayers going on here.

I think together we can make BB an even better place and a great source for help, sales, and friendship. Thanks for considering some of these ideas.

Thanks Kim, Things have gotten a bit misplaced recently and tidying up is always a good idea.

Thank you for posting this information. It is a good reminder. In fact, one of the reasons I became a member, besides the wonderful ladies there are on this forum, is that it is so user friendly and easy to navigate when looking for information. But lately, I too have noticed many misplaced posts so I hope this will help to get us all on tract and organized again. I especially would like to see the new Bountiful Babies For Sale area be used as a place to sell our babies (similar to etsy, uhippo and reborns.com), without any links to other sites. This is a great opportunity BB has given us and it could be used to our advantage in making it an alternative as well as an addition to other sites. There is, however, a more appropriate area to place our links, as you have mentioned, in For Sale/Wanted. I very much like the idea that it be left as a place others can come to purchase BB reborns directly. Thanks again for your post.

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

First let me say that this is not intended to step on anyone’s toes by any means. It was brought to my attention and I, too, have noticed this. The concern is basically what gets posted in each thread. It seems that threads have gotten “bogged” down with posts that really don’t belong there. So, I am thinking if we all try to get back on track with the original intention of each thread that maybe it will make it easier.

Here I will post what BB has posted as the “purpose” of each thread. I have added some thoughts on each based on my experience and chats with members. Please, don’t take offense with this. Your ideas will help make all these threads more effective.

Bountiful Baby talk—No “For Sale”, “Trade”, or “Drawings” postings.
----basically all our reborn chit chat and questions, etc.

Marketing, Selling, Shipping (eBay, etc.)
Tips and questions on marketing & selling, including photography.
-----this is an area where people can share what works for them or if they have questions and concerns in these areas. It is not intended for ebay, etsy or website listings. Those would go in the For Sale section.

Reborn Tips & Questions
----self-explanatory—lots of good stuff here. If you know of a good tip here, maybe you would consider bumping it up and refreshing everyone’s mind.

Tutorials
Please share your reborning tutorials!
-----there are some excellent tutorials hidden amongst the unrelated posts. If you know of one, bump that up, too. It’s nice to periodically review and learn.

Reborn Showcase
Show your reborns here!
-----Show us your babies. I, personally, would like to see the photos rather than the links. I know there have been some Photobucket issues lately. Just my opinion.I agree, I would way rather just see the babies rather than chase links. Every time you want to post something if you scroll down the page a little you will see how to post pics directly from your computer files. Just browse for your photo, then click add the file. Its really easy

For Sale/Wanted
For personal use only.
----My understanding with this thread was that when we requested this it was with the intention that all items be reborn related. This is where ebay listing could be posted as well.

Bountiful Babies - FOR SALE
----This might be a “hot” topic, but… several people wanted this changed as a place to sell babies other than ebay, etsy, uhippo, or websites. So, people are asking that ebay listings not go here, but in the For Sale section. It is the desire of many that it be left as a place where others can come to directly purchase a BB reborn baby.This may be overkill on instruction, but I want to say it. If I have a baby for sale, I am going to post pics and then type" For sale for $$ price. If interested PM me or email me at me@email address.com" . Simplicity ROCKS!! In my opinion anyway LOL

Trading Post
For things to trade, and things to “wish for”. Everything here is for “trade” only.
-----like the For Sale section, this was with the intent that items be reborn related.

Work In Progress
------Show us your Work in Progress babies, ask for feedback or suggestions, or just brag.

Off Topic
Want to talk about something other than dollies? Here’s the place!
-----Here’s where all the rest goes. Lots of inspiration and prayers going on here.

I think together we can make BB an even better place and a great source for help, sales, and friendship. Thanks for considering some of these ideas.

— End quote

Thank you Kim for being the voice of reason and Mother to all of us scatterbrained “kids” here LOL We LOVE YOU!

Question about photos. I thought BB wanted us to use photobucket. Can I just copy and paste and add the photo instead? Not sure.

You can. If I remember right, they have limited space so sometimes there won’t be room to upload a photo. When you use PB, you are only adding an IMG code that links to the photo, which is stored outside of BB.

bump

bump