Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Tacy is done. Hope to get to her photoshoot tomorrow.

26 Likes

Beautiful! What kit is this?

1 Like

Ask us so you can do the opposite. :rofl:

2 Likes

She is Tacy by Marita Winters, now Winter Grace, a little snow princess. :blush:

3 Likes

Getting there…

30 Likes

WIP Mila by Eva Wakolbinger

25 Likes

That is a lot of hair! Are you going to come more foreword at the top?

2 Likes

I finished rooting Liam. I’m quite pleased with the back

26 Likes

Hair all done.

29 Likes

Gorgeous!

Rooted my first opened eye doll. It wasn’t easy because she doesn’t really have eyelids so it was hard to get in there where I needed to.

27 Likes

Wow! You did REALLY good for your first try. How did you get them so even? I’m still scared to attempt rooting open eyed babies and I’ve been reborning for years.

2 Likes

I love it beautiful

Thanks. The only reason I had the guts to try it is because I tried the glue on lashes and could not get those suckers to stay. This was easier in comparison. The hardest part was the thinner parts of the eyelid, I guess when the vinyl is thinner it has a hard time grabbing the hair. I feel like it took forever to get hair to grab in those sections. The eyelid was pretty much non existant on this baby which made it easy to keep them even.

2 Likes

Way too adorable!!

I am so in love!! It’s going to hard to let this one go. Levi by Bonnie Brown! She’s a custom painted kit. Tried something new with my lighter ethnic tone as well as some new methods & brushes with my painted hair. Grainer brushes are amazing.

41 Likes

Gorgeous baby!! What are Grainer brushes and where do we get them? Are they made for hair painting specifically?

1 Like

So pretty, the skin tones are amazing!

1 Like

Beautiful! What kind of Grainer brushes do you use? Round, angled, flat, fat, long? I have never used Grainer before! I buy round brushes from Michaels but need new ones soon!

2 Likes

Thank you. Grainer brushes have “feathered” tips. They are created for painting things such as animal fur and hair and such. The brand that I used is Princeton Select I got the synthetic brushes. They do have more expensive ones. I purchased all the ones they have available so the regular square Grainer in 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 inches and then the Fibert ones in 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4. Personally the really small ones are not necessary and don’t really create the feathered look. So I would recommend from 3/8 up.

10 Likes