Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

I’m impressed with what you have done. I tried doing hair this evening. Painted about 10 strands. It looked awful. Then I was nervous to rub it off…didn’t want to rub paint off.

1 Like

I don’t know HOW people are able to get such fine, long strands painted

Don’t be nervous. It normally dont look like much when you start but as you add hair. It starts loking better

I just started this one. Im hoping to make it like this.

15 Likes

I have seen that some people use very long thin brushes, Others use calligraphy pens and other people use prisma pencils. I tried them all, but none of them work for me. I use a little brush that I have cut thinner.

I use prisma to map out my hair on a doll. It’s not wiping off :frowning: I though it would come off, but I can still see quite a bit of it

1 Like

Oh no. I wish I knew what to do. Did you check on the magnifying glass at the top for digestions?

1 Like

https://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/how-to-get-prisma-pencil-off/10697?u=mcurbelo

2 Likes

ugh!
I think it changes on varnish… because I have used it before and it wiped off when wet… I use it because the blue erasable pen stuck on one of mine and I couldn’t get it off. With the pen I used dawn dishsoap then washed the soap out of the hair once the lines were faded enough…
Then I used the pencil… it wiped off. Thought I was good to go… so I mapped the whole head… and it wouldn’t budge… tried the dish soap… nope… etc… finally buffed it off with the damp corner of a magic eraser… some spots are still visible if you are looking for it… That happened twice… so I stopped using the pencils

Last baby I dashed the map with the blue fabric pen… (smaller area to remove later) randomly not in a pattern. Once faded it looks more like veins…

This baby I am working on I didn’t draw a map at all. I am eyeballing it… lol

1 Like

I can usually get prisma off with my thinner (Mona Lisa) on a cosmetic wedge.

I nearly finished my June. I decided that I will do the applied hair with her, I am leaving my Summer Rain’s hair alone, it looks good but June’s hair didnt come out the way I wanted it to and it looks better when I wet it down so it will look good after I apply the medium. After I finish her and put in her magnets, she will be 5th in line to be born…I now have finished babies hanging around because I need my husband to help me put them together because my hands aren’t strong enough.

13 Likes

Very sweet!

1 Like

Love the feet.

1 Like

Im really happy with the legs and feet but I think I need to touch up a bit on her arms and her face. Thank you for the compliment and than you @Mommarobin

1 Like

Those feet are spectacular!! They look so squishy.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Well done April she is a darling and those feet are shaded so good :heart_eyes: your hard work is paying off x

1 Like

Thank you…I owe those pretty feet to my Panpastels…my creases looked terrible until I started using them :wink:

1 Like

Ok now I really need to place my order I still haven’t gotten around to it. Is it the colors that you recommended I buy .

1 Like

Yes, the dark red…I use it to do some blushing as well. I need to try out the new colours I bought.

1 Like

WIP Elora by Jannie de Lange

28 Likes