Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

I would do another burnt umber and not add baby skin after

4 Likes

I have actually never used baby skin as a flesh layer… I use it to change the red tones for lips and that is all.

(actually not sure I have ever done a true flesh layer… lol. I do washes the whole time.)

2 Likes

I agree with @jlesser I rarely use skin tone. To combat red you can use a shade of green or yellow. Keep your colour wheel with you when you paint, opposite colours will colour correct for you and complimentary colours will help you build up skin tone.

Edit…I use primary colours, in different shades and mixes and I do colour correcting using the “complimentary” colours…sometimes i do use flesh colours, mainly titan buff but rarely.

2 Likes

I thought opposite colors and complementary colors were the same thing…? :thinking: I could be wrong though.

Or are you saying you use opposite colors to build up your skin tone…?

Thank you so much everyone!! I really appreciate it!! Her hair took 75 hours to root. I worked on it about 3-5 hrs a days a couple of days a week (I have twin 4yr olds and a 6 year old so they keep me busy too lol) But I made it and completed her hair lol

9 Likes

Deleting because I was wrong and don’t want to confuse anybody :upside_down_face:

Complementary colors are across from each other on the color wheel (orange and blue, red and green, purple and yellow and etc.)

2 Likes

WIP Katie Marie, ready made, will be for sale in 2 weeks, may pre-order Naural wavy human hair, German glass green eyes

20 Likes

Wow!! She’s beautiful! You did a fantastic job on her. :heart_eyes:

She’s so pretty. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Finished peanut! Im keeping him after I fell in love with my custom. Just hair left!

19 Likes

Yes, same thing.
Split complimentary?..like blue, purple, yellow…and so on…does that help? Sorry, I tend to make up words or use words improperly in a way that makes sense to me. Its why I probably am not a lot of help LOL

1 Like

Absolutely amazing!!

1 Like

Your reborning never ceases to amaze me. Another beautiful toddler.

1 Like

Split complements are a color and the two colors to either side of its complement. So, blue then yellow-orange and red-orange. Not sure if split complements have anything to do with reborning, but I’m teaching color theory in all my classes right now so I have it on the brain :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh also… finally starting Robbie!! I don’t think he’ll be ready for Halloween, but that’s ok. He’ll be a Christmas Werepup :blush:

28 Likes

Where did you find that kit? He is going to be great.

2 Likes

Nice job on Robbie.

I wish his kit wasnt soo much and the wait not so long. lol

Think I will wait for Lucian

3 Likes

Probably why all my babies turn out orange…or yellow orange…maybe blue?
Sorry, Im just being sarcastic now :stuck_out_tongue:
Just ignore me @Mommarobin :wink:
or…follow the little triangles and the squares…hows that?

2 Likes

I want another Robbie kit. He is so fun! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes