Stripping strippers

So I’m painting my first toddler Gabriella. Once I get to a certain point in painting I realize I just don’t like the way she looks. I already stripped her once now I’m thinking about doing it again.

1 Like

42781557_2285796905081449_6734929223196082176_n

here’s one i made last week as a custom

2 Likes

She’s cute I’m afraid I’ll have to strip mines and start over

She’s looking good. What skin tone are you going for?

1 Like

third time’s the charm :slight_smile:

Light African American. She looks good then when I bake the color changes omg

True

I wouldn’t strip. Her skin tone looks right on track for light African American. I would just going with what you have. :heart:

I’m going to leave her alone for a couple of days and go back to look

1 Like

I think she looks ok too. Probably a wash of some type will get the color you want.

Your right I’m going to take more photos today during the day time

So after stripping I noticed the vinyl is tearing the toes are separating and there’s a tiny yet large rip in the creases of the leg. This is really horrible

Oh no!! :weary: What did you strip with??

Windsor newton brush cleaner and acetone

1 Like

Just thinking maybe something weakened the vinyl in the cracks somehow :thinking:

I don’t know. But I’m all most ready to throw in the towel. I can’t seem to get things right just feel defeated

1 Like

I’ve never used acetone to strip. But I’ve heard it’s a big no no. Could this be why?

1 Like

I’m learning that. Next time we’ll hopefuly there isn’t a next time but next time I’ll stick to what I been using

1 Like

I learn sooo many things the hard way. And my lessons are usually learned on expensive kits. :grimacing:

1 Like

I’m leaning towards the acetone too… But I haven’t used it either.