Who are you painting/rooting right now?

Deadline for Easter challenge is April 7th @ 11:59 PM. Not sure of time zone so get them in early. Voting is from April 8-10, closing on April 10 @ 11:59 PM.

1 Like

Second dark hair painting using air dry paints.

13 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

Looks amazing!
I bought the UF blonde hair painting tutorial. I need to start practicing :wink:

2 Likes

That looks really good!

1 Like

Here’s the front. I’m really happy with it and hopes his mommy will be, too.

15 Likes

Beautiful painted hair!

2 Likes

Beautiful. His mommy will love it.

1 Like

Working on my Henrietta. Finally found the perfect hair colour.

she is going to be a keeper I think

11 Likes

That’s some great rooting!! Do you use a rooting pen? If so, how do you like it?

yes, I use a clover pen or a little wooden needle holder. I love the pen for needle felting, and rooting. although I find I have to be very careful not to put too much pressure on the needle. the pen is stronger than the needle, and ive broken quite a few!

This baby has synthetic hair, and I found a 40G spiral needle worked great

I’m painting little Tinky and will be rooting her soon. And I just bought Smilla and can’t wait to work on her

1 Like

Where did you get such long synthetic mohair? Is it stronger than natural mohair?

That’s what I use down in a bowl with a blanket in the bottom. It works well and I just rotate it as needed

She going to be so cute. You’re doing a great job on her. I love her eyes.

Awesome hair painting.

1 Like

its synthetic human hair, made for hair extensions. it was in the perfect color that I needed for this little girl. But its working really well. it feels beautiful, so soft and fine like real toddler hair

I’ve bought that from Sally’s Beauty Supply but haven’t used it yet. Mine’s shorter with soft fat curls which is exactly what I want for one of my toddlers.

1 Like

I just had to strip my Leo because I realised I accidentally used Jocy’s arms with him. Im consoling myself by the fact that I wasn’t entirely happy with his skin tone anyway. I put Jocy away because Im mad at her LOL

I just finished rooting Brooklyn and I am now going to paint Romilly, newborn June awake, and Sparrow. I have to wait a day or two and I can start rooting 7 month June awake or Easton. Ill get back to Leo after :wink:

everyone and I’ll be done in 20 years lol

1 Like