Your VERY FIRST reborn baby!

My sister (who happens to be a birthing coach- so knows newborns!) Thought the pictures looked far too mottled and red., When she met him in person, she liked him much better. Guessing photography is another skill I’ll need to take up!

Yes. You have to learn painting, rooting, hair cutting and styling, photography, marketing and oh, yes, infant fashion.

3 Likes

Cuteness!!

I think when it come to painting hair the consistency of the paint is the hardest thing to accomplish!! I don’t know how to paint hair, I am only repeating what others have said. I have done a couple of heads with “penciled” hair though. Maybe you could give them a try.

Thank you, I will! And I think you have something there in the consistency of the paint idea. I did it straight from the little pot (why when we so greatly dilute the other paints, didn’t I think of that!) I have some pencils coming- can’t wait

Well, I’m luckier than most I guess, I already have painting, hair styling and infant fashion under my belt! Just haven’t rooted hair to style yet! :blush:

1 Like

Oh my- typo’s - so sorry!

I found this topic and thought it was so cool… some of you guys were complete naturals. this was my first Reborn

9 Likes

He is beautiful! Love his tone and cheeks!

Megan was my first December of 2015

8 Likes

First reborn baby working on eyebrows for now.

6 Likes

Raine was my first! He has turned into a Vampire, lol!

5 Likes

My first reborn: Jarome.

Yikes, he’s awful.

7 Likes

So did mine! :joy:

1 Like

My first was made from a vintage doll because I knew nothing about reborning and I had no money. I called her Annemarie and the mommy who got her loved her. Then I went to the other extreme and paid over $70 for a Sparrow head to make a doll to look like my grandson. I stripped him about six times as I learned the craft. I still love him.

7 Likes

I just finished my first reborn, she’s the Paige kit by bountiful baby. I had a very tough time with the hair rooting.

6 Likes

My first was Gemma - and I am pretty impressed with all of you that rooted hair on your first ones! wow -

4 Likes

Just put her together tonight. I have a lot to learn but I am really enjoying the process!

6 Likes

She’s cute! But I think the body may be on backwards. The string ties should be at the back of the neck. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes! I was just going to point that out!