Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

@PutABonnetOnIt Did you do eyelashes on the open eyed one? I am just not sure if I need to do them on mini Twinkle eyes. I am planning to insert his eyes from the front while the vinyl is hot and stretchable. Will see how it goes…

1 Like

Funny but sometimes you think you are going to just love a certain sculpt but you never really bond with them for some odd reason. I did put lashes on my micro preemie open eyed, only because I already had these human hair bottom lashes in a long strip I use for newborn sized babies. Works great for micro preemie top lashes. You could always paint or draw them…

3 Likes

Gorgeous rooting!! As always :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t wait to see the finished baby! Mine is over halfway there now. I hope only another week and I’ll be done :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

@PutABonnetOnIt I learned that sometimes prototype pictures can be deceiving. I knew that it’s not what I wanted from the moment I pulled him out of the box. And if LE is not sold out in 4 years - this is another sign that I’ll look out in the future. Since it’s my baby-steps in reborning, this is the lesson for me. I still want to buy Flynn, and not sure about Flo anymore. Some Flos look crazy to me on ebay.

2 Likes

Tasha Schenk is one of my all time favorite kits. Not sure what it is about her but I love her! And I haven’t seen many people reborn her.

3 Likes

She has a sweet face! This is a seconds that she had with limbs (2nds) since the kit is sold out! I think she is darling.

This is a good place to buy Flynn. It’s in Australia. But with the rate difference it makes him $85 including shipping. Plus the site has several kits on sale that we can’t get here. :slight_smile:
https://www.tinytotsnursery.com.au/laura-lee-eagles-c-1_6/flynn-p-1177.html?zenid=2f485f70b5bdcac17a8df077404a1fd8

1 Like

My Summer Rain girl…well her head. Lol. I need to do a little mock up tomorrow in the daylight to get an idea of what she will look like! She’s getting close. Eeek! She’s my very first and has been a total joy!

20 Likes

I haven’t venture out of B.B. sculpts yet, Salia was my first non B.B baby I have ever painted. I am completely dumb about buying sculpts from these other companies. How bout you learn and teach me later​:grin::wink::heart:

2 Likes

@Katinafleming Thank you, Katina. He listed as ‘Sold out’ :kissing_heart:

1 Like

She’s looking great!

1 Like

@PutABonnetOnIt I’ll gladly share all my experiences :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! It means a lot- I’m excited about this new hobby of mine!

She’s really cute. I’ll bet you can’t wait to assemble and dress her.

That blonde, curly head is to die for! It’s exactly like my 3 year old daughter’s. You nailed it the realism!

1 Like

@Alypants I think you are doing excellent on your first one! Almost everybody struggle with the eyebrows, but yours looks pretty good. Especially on other pictures that you posted in another thread, they are more visible.

And welcome to the forum! This is a great place to get information and learn.

Thank you so much! I am thinking about adding a hint of a few lighter hairs as a highlight, but daylight will help me decide. I have learned a ton just from searching the forum!

1 Like

Oh my gosh, thanks! It just may allow me to keep staying home with my own babies. I will be sad to let her go, but I’m eager to start this journey.

2 Likes