Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

@Mommarobin love the red against his skintone, your cheeks look so good!

Yes, opened on the back

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

That is perfection! Makes the babies/dolls appear even cuddlier and the color would make the skin tone pop.

1 Like

Aw that is very cute, and gender neutral I think

Yes, I was making it for Jaycee, but it can also fit Eloisa…just in case someone wants her as a girl

So adorable!

1 Like

I hear he makes an excellent cuddle baby. I have new born June and she has side loading legs like Joe and 7 month June. I discovered that I don’t care for them. Still, 7 mth June’s face kills me and I have to remind myself that I won’t like her to stop me from buying her kit.

2 Likes

I think the limbs look unrealistic… so wont buy it

2 Likes

Started out with test heads wanting to try ethnic and biracial skin tones. When I finished I couldn’t bring myself to just put them away. So tonight these 2 sweet cuddle babies were born!

25 Likes

@anon77773884 Love her!

1 Like

@Phassell Perfect cuddle babies! So lovely!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Hes lovely…so realistic!

I use acrylic paints (air dry) and I always put a sealer on my babies before I paint. I think people using Genesis put down a layer of varnish?..someone correct me if Im wrong…before starting to paint. Also did you wash the kit really well before you started painting. Typically Joseph is a very easy kit to paint, sorry you are having such a rough time with him.

1 Like

When using the Americana matte varnish, how long do I need to let it cure? Will rooting /spraying with water, ruin the finish?

1 Like

I use Americana all the time. I usually let it cure for 2-3 days before rooting, just to be on the safe side. I’ve never had rooting or spraying affect the finish. Just make sure the Varnish isn’t too thick.

2 Likes

I let mine cure for several days to a week now because it would go white around the ears and the neck when Id spray my mohair conditioner on the hair. After its cured there are not problems, that stuff does not like to come off :wink:

2 Likes

working on Sera May. Picture taken in natural light with my phone. I’m pretty happy with how she’s looking so far. Her name’s going to be Wanda when she’s done lol

9 Likes

I did two thin layers

1 Like