**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

Oh no, hope all is and turns out well!

4 Likes

Yep, It ain’t looking good… :pensive:

3 Likes

I know it’s fun to get a HUGE box but it might be better to have a smaller one. I’d be mortified to tell everybody I had the box but didn’t have $50 or $60 to ship it. I believe the original traveling pants box cost about $30 to ship. It seems like the last person to get this box is going to pay a lot because the box keeps getting heavier.

6 Likes

$50 or $60 is a lot for shipping, but there is always the option of not participating if that is too much. It only makes sense to budget this out before deciding to participate in something like this.

6 Likes

I understand, but this could have been handled quietly if she could have just messaged me privately. Other people have had delays, I’ve gotten messages, and I just announce to the group that there’s been a slight delay, but I’m in contact with the person with the box and it will ship on X day. I’m the type that would have offered to help out with some PayPal funds if approached with a private message. I’m still hopeful, but my mind keeps going back to the first person that I shipped the box to, and how close we came to losing the whole thing. I hope that I’m wrong, but the more time goes by with no contact, the more worried everyone gets.

12 Likes

Did you try to call her?

3 Likes

There was no answer.

3 Likes

Well damn.

2 Likes

Was the box sent to her house or to a post office box? Sounds to me like we need to start pressing charges on people when they steal the box. I know we insure it for about $200. But that box has several hundred dollars worth of stuff in it. And Ashley is keeping track so she knows exactly what’s in it. It didn’t work for the previous person who tried to steal it. It won’t work for anyone else. Surely this isn’t what’s going. Hopefully there’s a good explanation. But it’s increasingly hard to assume the best when you see that the person has been reading the messages and choosing not respond. :confused:

4 Likes

Hope she shows up I feel bad for all of you who have kept this going and holding up your end of the agreement.
She can be reading this as we all know without signing in so it is hard to tell what she reads or dosen’t read just hard to believe it would happen all over again…

3 Likes

And she sold the doll she made from the kit she took from the box. So she should have money for shipping. :confused:

8 Likes

Well CRAP!!!

2 Likes

Let’s hope she responds with a tracking number tomorrow. When did she sell that doll? Damn she whips them out fast!
I hate to say it but… maybe there needs to be a deposit to enter the box, and it gets refunded when box is shipped back out?

6 Likes

I agree!!! There needs to be a PayPal deposit.
Here’s the link to her mercari. I didn’t pay attention to what day it sold.
https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m88388798197/?ref=user_profile

3 Likes

Or perhaps adopt one of the suggested things in the international box if it isn’t returned send the local authorities out to check on it .

3 Likes

Yes, that needs to happen.

From what I can see, the doll was sold on the 16th. How long ago did she get the box? :scream: I thought she said she wasn’t allowed to see on metcari anymore and she moved to reborns.com?
I don’t know what name she sells under over there.

3 Likes

This thread says she got the box 7 days ago. I don’t know how she got that doll made so quick. I don’t see her on reborns. But her mercari appears to be active. She also does eBay. This is her eBay profile:

Her dolls have a very distinctive look. If she shows up on reborns I’ll recognize her work. :wink:

4 Likes

I looked at the member list on reborns and saw no Brittany… or baby creations…

3 Likes

I also notice she uses a nursery name that is already a well known persons’ website… Samantha Gregory (the sculptor)… baby-creations.com

And even further back to 2012 where one of the founders of the DEDS show Gia Heath went by Baby Creations also…
babycre8tions.com (which is not a valid site anymore…)

4 Likes