Traveling Pants Round 3

Oh what beautiful babies!! :slight_smile: Is that you? They must get their looks from their Mama.

2 Likes

Why thank you, lol that’s me prior to 6 more kids :joy: I spotted my first strand of gray 2 weeks ago. My daughter asked if I was gonna dye it, I was like NOPE—I earned this fair and square.

5 Likes

I think that it may be harder for newbies in the reborning world to provide a variety since their supplies may be limited. Something to consider doing is to have at least one WILLING “oldie” added to the round so they can share some reborning items that a newbie may desperately need, such as paints, brushes, mohair, needles, etc. Plus, it would be nice for them to see what other established artists are using. I understand, though, that “newbie” in the traveling rounds means on the forum for less than a year. So, maybe those items are already being traveled.:thinking:

8 Likes

I must agree. It does contain several clothing items.

1 Like

I know I added several pieces of clothing along with other things - I m a bargain hunter so I had to add several pieces to make up the price of some I kept lol - I agree being a newbie supplies are limited - as it goes around maybe we will get better lol :slight_smile: I think it s great that you can swap out what the other box needs and equal them out Ashley - it’s been so fun watching these boxes go around !

6 Likes

I loved going through the clothes, found some cute outfits that I hadn’t seen anywhere before. I was happy to see that stuff I wondered if I should add or not got snatched up pretty quickly.

5 Likes

I’d be more apt to pick the clothing than other artist supplies since I have so much of that already. Being a kit hoarder, it goes without saying that I will gladly lighten the box if I see one I just have to have.:grinning:

4 Likes

I liked everything. I took out some paints that I was running low on and a few new brushes because I can never have enough of those. The only real thing I could suggest to make the next round better is if the prices were a little more realistic… If I can buy a kit brand new for $60 it should not be priced more then that, same with used clothes. If I add something gently used or new without tags I value them like a yardsale item not $15.00 lol Overall though it was a great time and I enjoyed it. Maybe we could all make a list of items we could use so whoever is packing the box will have ideas of what the next person may need?

7 Likes

Please tell me someone did not really do this… like none of us know how much these kits cost. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I was just using it as a for instance. When I place kits in I try and price them cheaper then what the retail is and I know some others did as well because I got a nice kit really cheap. I know not everyone will or can afford to do so but that was just something I was trying to point out :wink:

5 Likes

Ummm… I put in a realborn w/coa that had never been removed from package for $60 and unfortunately I didn’t catch a sale on her.
Just got her and realized I wasn’t a fan. Should I have marked her lower?? I paid 59.95

1 Like

This wasn’t about you I took a lot of your item’s :slight_smile: I did not reply to offend anyone either just pointing out something I noticed.

4 Likes

I agree with your pricing suggestions. It will help offset the shipping cost as well.

2 Likes

Not offended. I’m just curious. I want to participate again and I’d like to make sure I’m in the majority on how I do things. My big thing is to make sure I don’t make things too high. I do understand where you are coming from and that was one of my worries when I put the kit in bc the deep discounts from B.B. do happen.

3 Likes

I think it’s more about when someone posts a kit as being worth $100 when the kit is available on every site for around $50-60. People need to look up the current value before listing. I see it on this forum too. People will post a kit for sale, but then I look it up and see it’s cheaper at MacPherson or Irresistibles with free shipping. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I think retail is fine. I replaced with a few kits and used retail but I did notice there were just a few things I would have liked to had taken that were overpriced. Nothing major but we were asked what could make the next round better and that’s my thoughts just don’t overprice items.

5 Likes

So if B.B. has a discount sale when have the box should we mark down to that current cost even if not purchased at that price. Just want to find out best way to handle it. I hardly ever get the sales. B.B. and my husband’s paycheck never try to meet in the middle. I missed ALL the heads. I missed the Labor Day sale. It sucks. I couldn’t even get a free kit from McPhersons. I realllly need them to get on my time schedule

2 Likes

Lol you answered my question before I could finish typing. Hate typing on my phone. I’m pecking lol

I really had alot of fun doing this. I know everything I put in was was taken by the next lady in line. I want to do this again but I would put more crochet items in the next time. When I got the box there were alot of clorhes. I still enjoyed it alot.

6 Likes

Sounds like me I think out of all my kits I have maybe 4 that I did not pay full price for. I have a few that I have paid 4 times more then retail like Miracle by LLE she was sold out by time I got into reborning lol

3 Likes