Traveling Pants Round 3

I don’t think so. BB kits go off sale as quickly as they go on sale. But places like MacPherson have sections where the kits are permanently reduced.

3 Likes

I love those too! They are much more personal to me than the ones I grab at the dept store. I need to sit down long enough to learn.

1 Like

Crochet is very easy and very relaxing. Here’s my latest

14 Likes

My dream kit is sold out at macpherson. Millie by olger auer. I just know by the time I find her she will be an arm and leg.

1 Like

I wish I could I love getting home made items. I have bought several from members here that make shoes or outfits.

2 Likes

That’s so pretty. In my dreams. As soon as I sit down I have a kid that needs something :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I have lots I’ve made that are for sale or trade if your interested.

5 Likes

Do you have a link up?

1 Like

Still have her here.
https://www.dollsbysandie.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=11439
and here Millie by Olga Auer - Limited Edition
She is easy to find I see her a lot on fb even cheaper then these prices.

3 Likes

No sadly I don’t. If you want to pm your e-mail I can send pics

1 Like

Quite often kits show as sold out at MacPherson but they are in stock at places like Irresistibles, Dolls by Sandie, etc. I’ve learned to just google the name of the kit and artist and it will pull up all the places that have them in stock.

2 Likes

Omg :astonished: ty! I know what I’m buying tomorrow. I never check those sites. I’ve only ordered from B.B, macpherson, and HB supply. I’ll have to check them out later this evening. Are they in the US?

5 Likes

Will do

I will start doing that. Ty!

1 Like

This is all really good feedback, and it’s much appreciated! As far as pricing goes, I’ve been asked a few times how to price items. I’m equally okay with pricing what you paid for something and pricing what it’s selling for now. I’m not okay with inflating prices to more than things sell for normally. A used item of clothing shouldn’t be priced higher or even at the same price as it sold for new in the store. I have also pulled out a few smaller items that didn’t add to the box and I will also lower the prices of items that go through a full round without being picked due to cost. I hope that no one is offended by that.

When I shop the box, I’m actualling willing to “spend” more than if I was buying things with cash (which probably makes me a terrible business person!) because I’m trading mostly with things that I already have. If I could pay the light bill with a kit, I’d probably think differently, lol.

8 Likes

I want my stuff to be picked. So, my prices will be very enticing.:wink:

6 Likes

Me too! I love recognizing something that I added when I see what people choose!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I feel when I have put my item in the box, it is like payment for what I took so at that point it is yours Ashley to do as you please with it just as if it was cash and your money to spend now. I have what I wanted. I hope that came out making some sort of sense lol. So lower my prices if you want is the upshot lol

5 Likes

You described it exactly as I see it. That’s cool that we’re on the same page! It doesn’t effect the person that put it in the box, because they got their exchange for what they deemed it was worth, but it can benefit future “shoppers” and keep the box contents fresh if I lower prices sometimes. :slight_smile: It’s kind of like when a store has a sale, the lower price doesn’t mean that the item was over-priced, or that there was anything wrong with it, it’s just meant to move inventory!

8 Likes

Exactly, great illustration with the store sale example! Everyone knows from experience that you are a very fair minded person so ultimately do as you see fit for this adventure, you keep it fun and you do so much work behind the scenes keeping the boxes and all of us organized

5 Likes