What do you think makes a reborn look unrealistic?

Mine are: bodies that don’t fit properly, French manicures and dark veins that look like lightning bolts.

11 Likes

Hair that is unnaturally long. A newborn is not going to have hair down their waist. I know a lot of people like the longer hair on them but personally to me it takes away realisim.

15 Likes

Dark bushy Caterpillar eye brows or highly arched

11 Likes

I don’t like to see sleeping babies sitting up…or sitting up playing with toys…they are SLEEPING :laughing:

27 Likes

I don’t like babies that look like they were sunburned with a white ring around the mouth and forehead.

6 Likes

Plugging hair and lashes drive me batty!

Huge plumpy football bodies

Long fake lashes

And some kits have a dolly look. Fine for kids but not for realism

7 Likes

LOL! that drives me crazy. Who would lit a sleeping baby hanging on a toy, or slumped in a chair?? LOL

5 Likes

Someone going for realism and have had their own children do just that and think it was a cute picture ?

3 Likes

I see it all the times in reborn groups.

1 Like

Thick eyebrows, thick hair, and 3/4 legs. I have issues with the 3/4 legs for some reason. I always use a full leg body on them instead. They just do not sit as natural and when people carry them the legs are always hanging oddly. Kills the whole look of the baby. Maybe it’s just with the cheaper bodies,I’ve never tried a 3/4 nicer body.

3 Likes

OMG. I need to take all of your ideas and make an Alternative, lol.

2 Likes

Thick paint, lack of shading, starey eyes :eyes:

2 Likes

And legs bent in a direction that no human could possibly get into unless they dislocated something!

5 Likes

LOLOLOL! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

thick eyebrows, long hair, not painted enough

2 Likes

Red lips and long hair. Also thick false eyeslashes

3 Likes

Dolly and thick eye brows, lips painted outside their lines, brownish nostrils, long hair on a newborn, badly painted nail tips, chalky shading and creases, pluggy lashes and hair, bloody looking creases.

3 Likes

Long hair, French manicures, poses no baby would ever get in (newborns can’t sit up?!) and just overall looking too perfect. Imperfections in the skin for example make a reborn look very real.

3 Likes

I was wondering, speaking of dolly looking kits, what about Shyann. I have been steered away from her by other artists saying just that. “She always looks like a doll”. What do you think?

4 Likes

I find images of her online and she is so beautiful but wondered if maybe she looks less realistic in person or something.

3 Likes