**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

Do you want me to send you pictures and descriptions of the new things I’m adding?

Yes please. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well… This has been completely nerve wracking!! Something told me to just bite my tongue this time. I’ve been following with my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: trying to stay positive. I’m glad @britt40478 is getting the box shipped out (better late than never) I hope @Theara gets to enjoy her turn if she chooses to play, and @ellakabella I am so sorry for your loss :pensive: This really is an awesome game and I’m glad I was able to participate with all of you lovely ladies. I also want to thank everyone of you that helped make this happen, especially @ashleyfox98 -you really are a great person :blush: I sure hope everything works out.

10 Likes

And why can’t you ship it until the customer rates it? Doesn’t make any sense to me. Sorry, but I can’t help being skeptical until the next person gets the box and sees what’s in it.

1 Like

I ship it before the customer rates the item. When the customer receives the item, they rate the item. The funds are held until the item is rated. After the buyer rates the item, Mercari releases the funds to me. Then it takes 2 days to proccess into my bank account. Sometimes, the buyer takes a long time to rate their item, so then I have to wait longer for the funds.

The only time an item has to be rated before being shipped is if it’s a custom order, which I’ve only done 2 of. Those customers are ones who have purchased a baby from me before and like my work. I am not rich, so I have to have the funds before so I can purchase the necessary materials to make the doll. But 99% of my orders were rated after they saw the doll in person.

I expected to have money to ship the box, but the buyer took took longer than expected to rate the item. Because of this, I have to wait until after the weekend for my money because the bank doesn’t proccess it on the weekend.

1 Like

Why do you keep saying Mercari doesn’t allow PayPal? I pulled up a listing and it automatically gave me the option to pay with PayPal.

2 Likes

Hey ladies, I’m respectfully asking that we all take a break from this discussion and wait and see what happens tomorrow. Nothing can be shipped on a Sunday. Regardless of what caused the delay, @britt40478 can only fix the situation by shipping the box tomorrow and that can’t happen until tomorrow. Rehashing the details over and over is only going to lead to more hurt feelings and frustration on both sides. Let’s keep this fun and a positive experience. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

No, what I meant is that it only lets you receive your money through your bank account. It lets the customer pay with multiple options, but only gives you one way to receive it.

3 Likes

I agree, though I don’t mind clearing up the confusion.

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ultimately this is such a fun and exciting game (if you want to call it that) it is good we get back to the fun side of what this is all about! Life is full of speed bumps but is also full of great fun! I am excited to see the next person get the box and get to pick their goodies, all of us anxiously waiting for delivery, all the best parts of this. Thank you Ashley for weathering all of this with such grace and kindness!

7 Likes

@ashleyfox98 you are a rockstar! And also metcari sounds like a PITA!!!

3 Likes

I honestly loved Mercari up until about 2 weeks ago. It worked really well and was simple, so I’m not sure why it’s been such a pain lately.

1 Like

Do they take part of your profits? You really should just switch to reborns.com. You pay your monthly fee upfront ($5-20 depending which tier you choose.) Then you get to keep all of your profits. You can set it up to allow immediate PayPal deposits. Or you can leave that blank and discuss via private email what kind of payment to take. It’s extremely easy and no stupid fees or restrictions.

1 Like

It takes 10 percent, which was fine to me because of how well it worked. I’m slowly moving over to Etsy, and reborns.com, once I am able to order the bodies for all the painted kits I have done. Etsy fees are definitely lower, and I don’t have to wait as long. Reborns.com seems nice, but I haven’t really gotten into it yet.

Reborns takes ZERO percent of your profit. And it’s month to month. If you don’t have a doll to list, you just wait to pay the monthly fee til you do. ZERO percent!!! Just sayin’ :wink:

I agree

1 Like

I set up my account and listed/deleted a listing to see how it works. I think I’ll have a doll or two up by next weekend, if it works out how I planned!

1 Like

Remember also with reborns.com you are only able to list one item/listing every 24 hours.

3 Likes

I know, I’ll also have Etsy.